Is this Product Still Supported

General discussion about DVBLink products

Re: Is this Product Still Supported

Postby Videonisse » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:38 pm

+1 I’m also still using WMC because all other clients seems not to be better. Frustrating.
Win 7 64-bit SP1, Intel i5-3570K 3,4GHz HD 4000 Graphics, 6GB, TBS 6984 S2 Quad,TBS 6280 T2 Dual
DVBLink 5.5.0 Connect & TVSource (mc_recorder), CD S Thor 0.8W,FTA Aastra 19.2E, S FTA T2, ACAMD 0.6.2
Clients iPhone 4S 5S 6S, iPad2 iOS 9,Win 7 PCs
Videonisse

Postby Slangaren » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:22 pm

I am also using and will stick to DVBLink with MCE...
Slangaren

Postby pklogic » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:56 pm

+1 I have not seen any other method as easy as MCE.

@Oberon: What do you see as the best alternative option for enthusiastic MCE users?
pklogic

Postby Oberon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:20 pm

While you all eagerly wait for a new product, I would like to invite you for a beta testing of the new kid on the block - TVMosaic Live! Android app.

This is a standalone Android player app for live TV that supports IPTV playlists, HDHomeRun, SAT>IP and TVButler tuners. The app is available for mobile phones and big screen Android players.

More details and download link can be found on TVMosaic forums:
https://forum.tv-mosaic.com/viewforum.php?f=9

(Please write your comments about the app at the TVMosaic forums - that's what they are for. Thanks)
Oberon

Postby btaroli » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Confused. Is this the client that will be part of your new product?
btaroli

Postby Oberon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 pm

btaroli wrote:Confused. Is this the client that will be part of your new product?

It is not a client. It is a standalone live tv player app.
Oberon

Postby ashley » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:48 pm

I'm very confused here. TVMosaic already exists as a product and the current existing version was able to connect to a standard dvblink backend.
I don't see anything in the TVMosaic live! product to say that it can connect to a dvblink backend now?
Even though I have 3 x shield TVs in my house (and numerous other devices), a backend TV server works best (due to centralised recording database/stability/cabling etc).
The UI of the existing TVMosaic never looked particularly well integrated into the android TV experience and had various issues (eg. audio pass through, timeshifting etc etc).
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
DVBlink 6 on Win10 x64 with Nexus 5x/9/SPMC/Kodi clients
Dumped MCE for Nvidia Shield TV running SPMC v17 with dvblink plugin!
Dumped Sky TV for being a waste of money
ashley

Postby Oberon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:53 pm

ashley wrote:I don't see anything in the TVMosaic live! product to say that it can connect to a dvblink backend now?

That's correct. It is a standalone and independent product for people who just need live TV on their mobile or android based stationary player.
It is particularly handy for IPTV users, but others - having hdhr of sat2ip tuner for example - can also greatly benefit from just to watch tv. Especially considering that this is a free app.
Oberon

Postby ashley » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:13 pm

thanks, so what Android TV client is going to exist for the dvblink back end equivalent of the new product, or will Kodi/SPMC be the preferred client (if this is the case there are still issues to be resolved like reliable time shifting etc as you know).
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
DVBlink 6 on Win10 x64 with Nexus 5x/9/SPMC/Kodi clients
Dumped MCE for Nvidia Shield TV running SPMC v17 with dvblink plugin!
Dumped Sky TV for being a waste of money
ashley

Postby Oberon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:00 am

ashley wrote:thanks, so what Android TV client is going to exist for the dvblink back end equivalent of the new product, or will Kodi/SPMC be the preferred client (if this is the case there are still issues to be resolved like reliable time shifting etc as you know).

New client will work with a server from new product. There will be no new development for new client/dvblink server combination.
Oberon

Postby btaroli » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:13 pm

I guesss the problem we’re having is that we’re just not visualizing what this new world order looks like, so we’re just trying to understand it in relation to what we do know.
btaroli

Postby pklogic » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:39 pm

I agree Oberon's comments are confusing. I have many questions.

1. Am I to understand that the new Android player that is in beta is the only one that will work with the new (yet to be released) new server?
2. If 1 is correct, what would be the preferred software to view DVBLink recordings (since the new Android player is only for live TV)?
3. Will the new (yet to be released) server software work with Digital Devices for viewing of Ziggo's encrypted cable channels?
4. If 3 correct, since Windows Media Center is no longer supported, what would be the suggested software to replace Windows Media Center and the XBox 360's that I am using as extenders?
pklogic

Postby Montoya » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:47 pm

@Oberon

How do you think to compete with regular iptv apps, Kodi, MrMC, if VOD content is not supported with TV Mosaic Live ?
VOD is an essential part of an iptv subscription nowadays, for movies/series and some of those apps already support recording...
DVBLink server 6.0.0 build14499, DVBLink TVSource 6.0.0 build14061, DVBLink for IPTV build 13107
Kodi 18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20180125-7379a75, Win10 Pro x64 1709 build16299.125
Montoya

Postby Oberon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:24 pm

In short:
- There will be soon a new product (not TVMosaic Live!), which will substitute DVBLink and have comparable set of features to DVBLink. This product will have its own iOS/Android set of apps.
- TVMosaic Live! is a separate independent product for watching live TV on Android mobiles and players. This app will find its own place, considering that it is a) free b) functional c) good looking (if in doubt, have a look at the existing IPTV apps) d) can be used on mobile phones
Oberon

Postby PRBUK » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:49 pm

Really disappointed to read about the lack of Windows Media Center support. It may be depricated by Microsoft, but I (and I am sure many others) have multiple dedicated (Intel NUC) PCs connected to TVs which will run for a few years yet.

Room based TV is a pretty stable/static technology and TVSource is happlily feeding HD TV and Surround Sound! MCE has reliable recording and media sharing, music, photos etc - so long as the hardware continues to run, I expect to be using this platform for years to come. TVSource V6 will be central to that solution and I will be happy to pay for an upgrade if it is given a continued lease of life.

If not, thank you for the years of a great product. The early years were more hands on that we wanted, but the product matured into a stable and robust solution.
PRBUK

PreviousNext

Return to General