Network adapter selection

DVBLink for IPTV is discussed here!

Network adapter selection

Postby mdscarrott » Mon May 08, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi all

I hope someone can help me out with this please.

I have installed a NIC card to to my server and have set DVB Link to use this in the 'Network adapter selection' on the IPTC network source config page.

The problem is that when i look at the network traffic in the task manager, all the traffic seems to still be going over the onboard ethernet port, not the new card and when i unplug the cable tot he new card the stream continues.

I want to keep the onboard port used for local network access, so my local clients can play the tv streams from the server, but use the new card to connect to the internet via a VPN router. I thought this would work perfectly but the new card is being ignored and the server is using the onboard port for internet access.

Please help

Thanks
Matt
mdscarrott

Re: Network adapter selection

Postby mdscarrott » Thu May 11, 2017 10:20 am

Sorry to bump my post but does anyone have any experience with this? Am i misunderstanding how this should work?
mdscarrott

Re: Network adapter selection

Postby the_man » Thu May 11, 2017 10:43 am

As i know in the IPTVSource settings you should choose the adapter which has an internet connection. (The one with which you receive a IPTV stream from provider)
And in the DVBLink client indicate the another IP address (the one from second adapter)
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Return to DVBLink for IPTV