Need EPG Source assignment by EPG ID

DVBLink for IPTV is discussed here!

Need EPG Source assignment by EPG ID

Postby newtonthecat » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:43 am

I am trialling DVBLink for IPTV and have got it running on Windows and a Synology NAS and all looks good except...

I want to use various m3u lists which are all standardised with the EPG-IDs (tvg-id in the M3U file) and my EPG source (XMLTV file) uses the same tvg-ids which are standard Rytec, e.g. BBC1.uk

There is no option under the Automatic EPG source assignment to do this by EPG ID.

Doing it by name is not accurate and requires selection from a 'guess' or doesn't find a match at all for some channels. If there was an option to match by EPG ID it would be perfect.

I can manually allocate a channel from my EPG source to each channel in Channels->EPG Sources but that is a long process and when new channels are added I have to manually allocate each extra channel again.

Ideally it would be set up so I provide DVBLink for IPTV the following:

1. A link to my m3u source(s) which get checked for updates once a day
2. A link to my XMLTV source files which also gets updated once a day

Then a process would run automatically matching the channels in the m3u file with the XMLTV file using the EPG ID (tvg-id). This is how so many other IPTV products work (TVheadend, Kodi PVR simple IPTV client, TVIP boxes etc.). Having a facility to edit the EPG/channel matching when things don't get matched properly is a nice facility to have as an extra but automatic matching like this without any further configuration should be the default for IPTV.

I would love to have DVBLink running as my centralised IPTV 'server' but without this facility it's a no-go. I have tried TVHeadend and that does work but it is really complicated to set up. That's what I like most about DVBLink, it's really easy to set up and works great with Kodi as a client.
newtonthecat

Re: Need EPG Source assignment by EPG ID

Postby the_man » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:05 am

There is no option under the Automatic EPG source assignment to do this by EPG ID.

It really would be useful feature, but to be honest, at the moment, you are the only user which asked about that.
And,sorry, most probably, it will not be implemented, at least, until there will not be more such requests.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby networkmike » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:13 pm

I second this, as I think it will become more useful as time goes by for people moving from sat to iptv as it makes mapping the epg easier and more automatic as the supplier includes it with in the m3u file.
MCE: i3 min itx 4GB Ram 250GB SSD blu ray | Server: Synology DS815+ 16gb Ram. | Tuners: Inverto IDL 400s Sat>ip 4 x DVB-S/S25, PCTC 292e DVB-t/T2
Other clients : 3 Xbox 360, WDTV Live, 3 x Kodi box & A partridge in a peartree!!
networkmike

Postby stretchneck » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:36 pm

I would like this too - am on trial at the moment, but no EPG is getting me down, plus hundreds of channels

Does DVBLink TV Adviser not give this functionality and help match up epg's?
stretchneck

Postby the_man » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:43 pm

stretchneck wrote:I would like this too - am on trial at the moment, but no EPG is getting me down, plus hundreds of channels

Does DVBLink TV Adviser not give this functionality and help match up epg's?

You may get and EPG data for your channels with TVADviser easily.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby newtonthecat » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:25 pm

the_man wrote:You may get and EPG data for your channels with TVADviser easily.

Does TVADviser automatically match EPG data with channels using the tvg-id field in the IPTV m3u list? If it does not then unfortunately it does not address the topic of this discussion.
newtonthecat

Postby Oberon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:38 pm

newtonthecat wrote:
the_man wrote:You may get and EPG data for your channels with TVADviser easily.

Does TVADviser automatically match EPG data with channels using the tvg-id field in the IPTV m3u list? If it does not then unfortunately it does not address the topic of this discussion.

TVAdviser does not use tvg-id field.
Oberon

Return to DVBLink for IPTV