Will DVBLink for IPTV work as a solution for me?

DVBLink for IPTV is discussed here!

Will DVBLink for IPTV work as a solution for me?

Postby charleslam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:43 pm

Currently I have a HDhomerun Prime working with a timewarner cable card with a windows media center in my living room. one of the most important things i use this for is recording my favorite shows and using it as a DVR. if i were to go to an IPTV subscription based service, i have been reading implications on here that IPTV streams can be recorded with DVBLink. problem is, no one is explicitly stating as such. The last time i looked into it, Kodi had no plans to implement recording IPTV streams. its important im able to record HGTV and other premium channels.
charleslam

Re: Will DVBLink for IPTV work as a solution for me?

Postby the_man » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:34 am

With the DVBlink server and installed IPTVSource you may watch and record not encrypted LiveTV without any issues.
Also, you may configure you HDHR via the DVBlink IPTVSource.

Just one thing, it could be that you will need a good EPG data for your channels, then you will need some XMLTv file (usually free) or subscription for EPG (TVAdviser or so)
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby stretchneck » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:34 pm

Definitely does work for me - but so far can only record a single stream at once, channel becomes locked.
stretchneck

Postby btaroli » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:15 pm

Oh, really? I'd been under the impression that HDHR was configured using TVSource, and indeed that's how I've run mine for a long time now. I do also have IPTV, since I use it to capture video streams from a couple cameras I have. Setting up the m3u is "fun."

So you're saying that I could configure the HDHR as an IPTV source instead?

The mention of locks is curious. My experience suggest that a source is locked while recording. At least the way I've used it, each IPTV source is one stream -- if this isn't true I'd love to see some docs! But with TVSource, each source is a *tuner*. With HDHR, I see a source for each tuner in the device; though I suppose with IPTV you'd also have to target each tuner as a source as well.

As long as you have a source representing each tuner in the device then you should be able to have multiple streams of recording.
btaroli

Return to DVBLink for IPTV