WMC DVBLink tuner buffer

DVBLink for IPTV is discussed here!

WMC DVBLink tuner buffer

Postby nague » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:20 am

Hi,

I'm using DVBLink for IPTV on a HTPC (Windows 8 + Windows Media Center).

My ISP (Free FR) provides unicast real time IPTV (RTSP for signaling and UDP/RTP for media). It works great with DVBLink on WMC... if my HTPC is directly connected to my home router with an ethernet cable.

My house is quite big, so I'm using powerline adaptors (CPL in French) to connect my HTPC. The result is many macro-blocs and glitchs in WMC with IPTV. But, if I watch IPTV with VLC, it works like a charm !

My understanding is that powerline is adding jitters on UDP/RTP packets. As VLC is using a default “huge” buffer (300ms), the IP jitters is offset. So I guess DVBLink emulated tuners are using a lower buffer… Maybe too low for my jitters.

Do you have any information regarding RTP buffer in DVBLink for IPTV? How to fix this issue?

Thanks.
nague

Re: WMC DVBLink tuner buffer

Postby Oberon » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:36 am

Pre-buffering time is set by default to 2 seconds. You can change it in setting.xml file inside the iptv source folder <dvblink>\sources\<your iptv source>.
But before doing this, please try raising priority of the DVBLInk process on settings tab to see if it helps.
Oberon

Re: WMC DVBLink tuner buffer

Postby kevincork » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:01 pm

Oberon wrote:Pre-buffering time is set by default to 2 seconds. You can change it in setting.xml file inside the iptv source folder <dvblink>\sources\<your iptv source>.
But before doing this, please try raising priority of the DVBLInk process on settings tab to see if it helps.

Thank you, I never managed to find the buffering setting before !
kevincork

Return to DVBLink for IPTV