Custom M3U

DVBLink for IPTV is discussed here!

Custom M3U

Postby MCE_DVB » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi All,

First play with customised M3U files.

Have created one no problem, added it to Playlist folder, added channel - all fine. I can double click .m3u and it opens vcl and plays selected url / audio stream.

I try through DVBLink and vlc opens to preview like you would normally to check a channel works but sadly nothing.

Attached is my .M3U file - I am assuming something is wrong with the URL and how DVBLINK passes it?

If someone has an opinion to offer that would be great. I am trying to find more info here on what HTTP streams etc. are supported and how they need to be passed in the custom .m3u file.

Many thanks for any help given.

(I am running w732 bit and 4.6.0 DVBLINK)
Attachments
Personal_Play_List.m3u
(88 Bytes) Downloaded 320 times
MCE_DVB

Re: Custom M3U

Postby MCE_DVB » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:40 pm

I Notice the wikki states format should be:

"http://@ip address:port "

but mine is a url not ip? is this the issue? my url is:

http://media-ice.musicradio.com/ClassicFM

so no use for a port number?
MCE_DVB

Postby Oberon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:35 pm

Can you please open messages dialog of VLC, set level to 2 and have a look which format is used for broadcasting? I suspect that it is mp3, while DVBLink for IPTV can only work with transport streams.
Oberon

Postby MCE_DVB » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi Oberon,

Thank you for your time.

I have done as you say and although lots of info - no reference to MP3 when letting the stream run for some time, saving the log, then doing a search for MP3?

I did read a little about MP3 and transport streams but I am not familiar with transport streams so need to do some reading on this. Is there a good place to search for internet radio that streams in transport streams or ways of identifying if a stream is in fact transport streams or an mp3 as the vlc trick does not seem to work unless I am missing something?

Thank you for your help - good education for me and others reading his :-)
MCE_DVB

Postby Oberon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Post the messages window output here.
Oberon

Postby MCE_DVB » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi Oberon,

attached is the file (in .m3u so I could upload it but it is just .txt really) - the two lines are what 10 minutes of playing produced? the one yesterday created hundreds of line in that time but were just repeats of what is here.

I have take the links form this site:

http://jonathan.rawle.org/2012/04/06/cl ... ng-update/

so I think it is an MP3 issue. no bother - will look into how I convert or suitable sources. I assume there are places out there that provide links to free to air radio etc. in the correct format?

thanks again.
Attachments
Output.m3u
(134 Bytes) Downloaded 293 times
MCE_DVB

Postby Oberon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:40 pm

unfortunately the stream is not in transport stream format and therefore cannot be processed by dvblink.
Oberon

Postby MCE_DVB » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi Oberon,

Okay not a problem and thank you for helping me out. I have better understanding of IPTV now and its integration at least. I shall look more into transport streams.

If anyone knows of a list of free to air (or should I say free to IP) streams for TV and or radio (music) that's would be great - if I find any I shall also share. Would be great to be able to integrate my favourite LauraFM channels directly into DVBLink.

Many thanks.
MCE_DVB

Return to DVBLink for IPTV