XMLTV duplicate recordings

DVBLink for IPTV is discussed here!

XMLTV duplicate recordings

Postby Chris Woods » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:54 pm

I recently switched from MC Guide Services to XMLTV because the first did not deliver data for all channels. Since this switch, I noticed that series reruns are recorded. Since some series episodes are rerun constantly (eg 'locked up abroad' on national geographic) I end up with about 20 recordings of the same episode.

How does DBVLink match episodes? Is there anything I can do to facilitate this in my XMLTV generator?
Chris Woods

Re: XMLTV duplicate recordings

Postby Oberon » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Ti distinguish between new and rerun it needs "repeat" flag in the xml file, which is probably not present. that's why mediacenter thinks that all episodes are new.
Oberon

Re: XMLTV duplicate recordings

Postby Chris Woods » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi Oberon,

Thanks for your quick reply. If I would change the input XMLTV parser to always set the repeat flag, would MC/DVBLINK be smart enough to match this with the title & subtitle in order to determine whether to record the episode or not, or does the parser needs to keep track of what has been recorded? I guess the best approach in the latter case would be to set the flag only when the subtitle doesn't match any previous recorded episodes (assuming there's an API that can actually access the recorded tv database).

Thanks,

Chris.
Chris Woods

Return to DVBLink for IPTV