Cincinnati Bell Fioptics IPTV issues

DVBLink for IPTV is discussed here!

Cincinnati Bell Fioptics IPTV issues

Postby aproxymate » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:54 pm

So I got Cincinnati Fioptics TV (http://www.cincinnatibell.com/tv/packages/) service yesterday and have a single hd cable box (ZTE IPTV STB is ZXV10 B700 V3 and has HDMI out + composite audio/video out interfaces) connected to my HDTV.

Since its an IPTV, I tried using dvblink for IPTV (http://www.dvblogic.com/iptv.php) in conjunction with Windows Media Center. I got the multicast address and port via wireshark but Vlc showed no video or audio while trying to stream it. The same result was observed in windows media center when using it with dvblink. At this point, I have tried everything I could find on dvblogic but I am still unsuccessful. I'd like to buy this software but need this to work first. Please advise or provide an in-depth guide or video for solving this issue.

P.S. Do I need tv tuner hardware for dvblink for IPTV to work on my laptop?
aproxymate

Re: Cincinnati Bell Fioptics IPTV issues

Postby NWW » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:44 pm

First, on your ISP's router/modem, there should be an "TV OUT" ethernet Jack. Connect that port to your computer's port.
Second, (which you have already done) find the .M3U playlist for the channels.
Third: make sure the channels are not encrypted. If they are, you won't be able to watch them.

Those are the first steps you should verify. Others will hopefully help you more on this subject.
NWW

Postby aproxymate » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:06 pm

NWW wrote:First, on your ISP's router/modem, there should be an "TV OUT" ethernet Jack. Connect that port to your computer's port.
Second, (which you have already done) find the .M3U playlist for the channels.
Third: make sure the channels are not encrypted. If they are, you won't be able to watch them.

Those are the first steps you should verify. Others will hopefully help you more on this subject.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Some points I noticed:
1) My router is (http://www.cincinnatibell.com/fioptics/ ... ne3_ds.pdf) which does not list any ehternet port as TV OUT port. I have connected my laptop's port to one of these ports on the router.

2) I used wireshark to get the multicast address and port and I think they are fine. Any way to confirm this?

3) How do can I ascertain if any of the channels are encrypted? Can this be known by the o/p on vlc? So far all I get is a black screen with no audio or video.

Also, it will be helpful if you know of a in-depth guide/tutorial on this topic. I emailed DVBLogic support but they insisted that I ask in the forum. Thank you for your help.
aproxymate

Postby NWW » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:10 pm

I am afraid, that is all I know on the matter.

The only thing I could tell you is that in VLC, when you have the stream, you can click on tools => Codec Information. If anything is displayed there (eg: MPEG-4 Part 10, 1920x1080p) but you have a black screen, it is safe to assume that the stream is encrypted. If nothing is showed, then something in your setup isn't quite right.
NWW

Postby aproxymate » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:21 pm

Thank you. I will give it a try once I am home.

Also, do firewalls, port-forwarding etc. play a part in this? I'd assume this won't be an issue as everything is on the same network.
aproxymate

Postby aproxymate » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:03 pm

So I saw the codec information as NWW suggested but could only see a blank page. The page which displays packets received, bit rate etc. was also null. So do you think my setup is wrong? Should I be receiving data even if the channels are encrypted? I am really not sure if there is a straightforward configuration for this s/w.
aproxymate

Postby aproxymate » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:11 pm

UPDATE: I got the correct rtp url and the unscrambled channels are working perfectly. But I am not able to access channels that might be encrypted. Does DvbLink work for such channels (I am subscribed to those channels and get them on my TV)?
aproxymate

Postby Oberon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:14 pm

aproxymate wrote:UPDATE: I got the correct rtp url and the unscrambled channels are working perfectly. But I am not able to access channels that might be encrypted. Does DvbLink work for such channels (I am subscribed to those channels and get them on my TV)?

Unfortunately dvblink for iptv works only with unencrypted channels.
Server: Synology DS212j, TBS5980CI (Dutch CanalDigitaal), TeVii s660 unicable Astra 28.2E, DVBLink TVSource 4.6.0, all DVBLink EPG Loaders
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 MediaCenter, Samsung DLNA TV, IPad, Samsung Galaxy S, Nexus 7
Oberon

Return to DVBLink for IPTV