cannot get 4.5 to function

DVBLink for IPTV is discussed here!

cannot get 4.5 to function

Postby nmstough » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:22 pm

I downloaded the new version 4.5 and uninstalled the old version and installed the new. I had backed up my settings. I restored them and everything is fine in the guide but when I try to view a channel I get the message: "sorry cannot display this channel either because there is a technical problem or no TV signal"

What is going on?
nmstough

Re: cannot get 4.5 to function

Postby fyodorz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:00 pm

My situation is even worse. I had a trial 4.1 version, then I uninstalled it and installed 4.5. Any attempt to run DVBLink configuration fails. Each time I start it, I see only a message "Please wait..." Tried to reinstall - the same thing :(
fyodorz

Postby nmstough » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:55 pm

fyodorz wrote:My situation is even worse. I had a trial 4.1 version, then I uninstalled it and installed 4.5. Any attempt to run DVBLink configuration fails. Each time I start it, I see only a message "Please wait..." Tried to reinstall - the same thing :(

I eventually figured it out. When I uninstalled the 4.1 version, it deleted my own *.m3u channel mapping file along with the program itself (because it was in a playlists directory). After adding it back it was working.

This brings up the question of what kind of nonsupport one should expect. Maybe the idea is that this product is offered so cheaply that everyone is left to their own as the developers never seem to care about responding to posts in this forum. Also, the basic issue of what steps to take in upgrading is also nonexistent. How much time could it take to do things properly for the benefit of your customers?
nmstough

Postby fyodorz » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:40 pm

nmstough wrote:
I eventually figured it out. When I uninstalled the 4.1 version, it deleted my own *.m3u channel mapping file along with the program itself (because it was in a playlists directory). After adding it back it was working.

Could you provide more details? I didn't find any *.m3u files in my 4.1 version.
fyodorz

Postby fyodorz » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:23 am

Ironically everything works. Actually I did nothing. After several iterations of reinstallations it started working.
fyodorz

Return to DVBLink for IPTV