Reccomendation for DVB-T2 tuner

DVBLink TVSource is discussed here!

Reccomendation for DVB-T2 tuner

Postby zulu100 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:31 am

Hi there
I am about to change TV provider from DVB-C to DVB-T/2 and I am looking for a tuner that is able to show both DVB-T and DVB-T2. I also want to watch pay tv channels so CI support is important.
I have bought the Digital Devices Octopus Net network tuner with 4 DVB-T/2 tuner and 2 commen interfaces but I can not get it to work properly. It works OK widt DVB-T unencrypted channels but it doesnt find any DVB-T2 channels and it doesnt decode pay TV channels.
Does anyone know if it should work.
I have been looking at this tuner TechnoTrend connect CT2-4650 CI maybe instead but I would like to know if its working before buying it.
I am using windows Media Center.

Thanks
zulu100

Re: Reccomendation for DVB-T2 tuner

Postby zulu100 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:32 am

Maybe an important note
I live i Denmark and we are talking about Boxer TV
zulu100

Re: Reccomendation for DVB-T2 tuner

Postby Traxx » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:31 am

Usually DigitalDevices is the best...
I have the DVB-C PCIe variant together with a CI and I just had to open their control panel entry (which appears after installing the driver) and simply activate checkboxes to configure which tuner should/can use the CI.

For your network device you need the "Octopus Cast Tool" to link the CI.
And if anything doesn't work - they have a really good support.

(And no, I'm not working for them, I just use their products for a decade now and love them because they just work and there is no marketing department that likes to kill every advanced setting and bloat up the software with sound effects... ;) )
Traxx

Return to DVBLink TVSource