Update IPTV source URL

DVBLink TVSource is discussed here!

Update IPTV source URL

Postby wonder_lander » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:11 pm

I've moved IPTV provider but the new provider has the same channels.

When I change the URL it drops all the channels from that source so I need to manually add them all again. I spent ages renaming and renumbering them as I wanted them so I'm wondering is there a file or files that I can directly edit the channel URLS that are there now so that I can change them without having to add them again?
wonder_lander
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:23 am


Re: Update IPTV source URL

Postby Montoya » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:55 pm

If you changed provider, I doubt your new provider uses the same stream numbers, otherwise you could have tried to use the info posted in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=32299

If you don't have a clue what you are doing with the info provided in that topic, don't do it and go for the standard way and add your new channels again, otherwise you could f*ck up your DVBLink install.

An other option you have is that you add a new iptv source with the channels from your new iptv provider, add the new channels and use channel merge, where you use your mouse to drag the new channels in the channels tree, with your already designated channels from your old iptv provider.

All the work with channel renaming and numbering is kept in place and when you are done with merging all the new channels, you can remove your iptv source of your void provider. when done, you will see that all the channel names and numbering from your new provider remains the same, like it was with your void iptv provider.

Just test it first with a couple of channels, so you know what to do.
DVBLink server 6.0.0 build14499, DVBLink TVSource 6.0.0 build14061, DVBLink for IPTV build 13107
Kodi 18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20180125-7379a75, Win10 Pro x64 1709 build16299.125
Montoya
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:06 pm

Re: Update IPTV source URL

Postby wonder_lander » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:22 am

Montoya wrote:If you changed provider, I doubt your new provider uses the same stream numbers, otherwise you could have tried to use the info posted in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=32299

If you don't have a clue what you are doing with the info provided in that topic, don't do it and go for the standard way and add your new channels again, otherwise you could f*ck up your DVBLink install.

An other option you have is that you add a new iptv source with the channels from your new iptv provider, add the new channels and use channel merge, where you use your mouse to drag the new channels in the channels tree, with your already designated channels from your old iptv provider.

All the work with channel renaming and numbering is kept in place and when you are done with merging all the new channels, you can remove your iptv source of your void provider. when done, you will see that all the channel names and numbering from your new provider remains the same, like it was with your void iptv provider.

Just test it first with a couple of channels, so you know what to do.


Thanks so much Montoya, a backup and replace via Notepad++ worked a treat.

My old IPTV provider was a reseller of my new one so a change of address and password was all that was required to be changed.
wonder_lander
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Update IPTV source URL

Postby Montoya » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:54 pm

Glad to hear that it worked perfectly :)

Did you edited your backup.xml or did you directly edited the dvblink_channel_storage.xml, because than we know what works best the easy way :D
I'm still with my first IPTV provider, so that's why I ask in case I switch in near future.
DVBLink server 6.0.0 build14499, DVBLink TVSource 6.0.0 build14061, DVBLink for IPTV build 13107
Kodi 18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20180125-7379a75, Win10 Pro x64 1709 build16299.125
Montoya
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:06 pm

Re: Update IPTV source URL

Postby wonder_lander » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:19 pm

Montoya wrote:Glad to hear that it worked perfectly :)

Did you edited your backup.xml or did you directly edited the dvblink_channel_storage.xml, because than we know what works best the easy way :D
I'm still with my first IPTV provider, so that's why I ask in case I switch in near future.


I chose to edit the backup as it felt the safer option!
wonder_lander
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Update IPTV source URL

Postby Montoya » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:38 am

wonder_lander wrote:I chose to edit the backup as it felt the safer option!

Thanks for reporting back wonder_lander 8)
DVBLink server 6.0.0 build14499, DVBLink TVSource 6.0.0 build14061, DVBLink for IPTV build 13107
Kodi 18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20180125-7379a75, Win10 Pro x64 1709 build16299.125
Montoya
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:06 pm


Return to DVBLink TVSource

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron