[SOLVED] Found services: 0 on Synology with TVButler 100tc

DVBLink TVSource is discussed here!

[SOLVED] Found services: 0 on Synology with TVButler 100tc

Postby jespern » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to set up TVSource on my Synology DS1815+, using the TVButler 100tc.

The first time I set this up, it worked marvelously, and it found a good 30-40 channels when scanning. I wanted to use Plex DVR, but for some reason, it didn't find any channels, so I went back to using TVSource. However, none of the channels were working, so I went ahead and deleted them all, and did a re-scan. This time it found nothing. It gets "reception" on the frequencies as before, but instead of finding 7 services, it now just lists "Found services: 0" on each one.

Have done plenty of Googling, and have done the trick described here: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/28696 ... y-tv-tuner

The "Plex Tuner Service" is no longer running, as per a "ps auxww | grep -i plex". Alas, TVSource still fails to find any services.

I'm attaching the logfiles as downloaded per the instructions in the sticky.

DVBLink Server 6.0.0, build 14499.
DVBLink TVSource 6.0.0, build 14197.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
dvblink-log-20171023-1839.zip
(26.94 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Last edited by jespern on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
jespern

Re: Found services: 0 on Synology with TVButler 100tc

Postby jespern » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:20 am

As a follow-up to this, after emailing with support, it seems to have been a problem with adequately powering the USB tuner. After removing the USB extension cable and plugging the tuner straight into my Synology, the channels are found again! Plex still doesn't find anything, but at least TVSource can pick them up now.
jespern

Return to DVBLink TVSource