Priority of recordings

DVBLink TVSource is discussed here!

Priority of recordings

Postby Mane123 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:59 pm

is it possible to set priorities on recordings? For example i have two series recordings but only one DVB-S Tuner. Sometimes both series run on different channels at the same time, so there is a recording conflict. Is it possible to set series A on priority 1 so everytime both series run only Series A is recorded and not series B?

Re: Priority of recordings

Postby beeswax » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:51 pm

I agree this is needed. Even with 4 tuners, I still sometimes miss the fact that I've added a 5th concurrent recording for a certain time/date and inevitably, dvblink chooses to snub the most important recording of the 5.

Postby Videonisse » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:08 pm

Win 7 64-bit SP1, Intel i5-3570K 3,4GHz HD 4000 Graphics, 6GB, TBS 6984 S2 Quad,TBS 6280 T2 Dual
DVBLink 5.5.0 Connect & TVSource (mc_recorder), CD S Thor 0.8W,FTA Aastra 19.2E, S FTA T2, ACAMD 0.6.2
Clients iPhone 4S 5S 6S, iPad2 iOS 9,Win 7 PCs

Postby Traxx » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:48 am

Any news of this?
Will this be addressed in the next version?

A pretty simple solution would be a recording priority:
* High: records always. If all tuners are busy with other "high" recordings (unlikely but should be addressed) the existing algorithm (that does whatever...) should be used
* Normal: standard for every new recording - should only be trumped by "high" recordings
* Low: records only when there is a tuner available. If there are more low recordings than tuners, also the existing algorithm should be used

--> this priority should be editable in the schedules tab in the web-interface/dvblink-viewer after the schedule was created and can be easily stored in the recordings-database.

At the moment it happens (even with 5 (!) tuners sometimes) regulary, that a important recording is skipped but a daily magazine which is only watched occasionally is always recorded.

With the priorities the daily magazine could be set to "Low" and the cool show which comes only every few months can be set to "High".

What do you think?

Return to DVBLink TVSource