Recorder Functionality

DVBLink TVSource is discussed here!

Recorder Functionality

Postby spaceboy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi, i'm a long time user of dvblink with tv source and windows media center and very happy so not sure about making the jump to the external recorder on the new version. i was interested in how it deals with consecutive recordings where pre and post padding are used to cause an overlap in recordings but on the same channel. is it able to use one stream and keep the pre and post padding on both recordings or does it behave like WMC and is only able to split the one stream between the two recordings, usually resulting in the preceding program being cut off before the end?

thanks
spaceboy

Re: Recorder Functionality

Postby Oberon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am

In this scenario recorder cuts previous recording on the exact start time of the second recording. I understand that you would like to have one single big recording in this case?
Server: Synology DS214Play, DVBSky S960CI Astra 28/23/19 (CanalDigitaal subscription), TeVii s660 Amos 4/Sirius, DVBLink TVSource 5.0.0
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 with XBMC 13.1, Raspberry Pi with XBMC 13.1, Samsung DLNA TV, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
Oberon

Postby NOosterwijk » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:27 pm

sorry to interrupt, but when there is more than 1 tuner (the 'if possible' option in Media Centre), the consecutive recording should start on the second available tuner, including pre padding recording time and leave the post padding recording of the preceding recording being handled by the first tuner even if the recordings are on the same channel. (both recording will then have their own file off course)

.Nico
NOosterwijk

Postby spaceboy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Oberon wrote:In this scenario recorder cuts previous recording on the exact start time of the second recording. I understand that you would like to have one single big recording in this case?

no, two files, both with the correct pre and post padding (ideally i'd like to do 3 mins before 3 mins after, obviously as .nico says in WMC you have to set post padding to 10 mins otherwise you see what i describe) all recorded just from one stream.
spaceboy

Postby spaceboy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:18 pm

NOosterwijk wrote:sorry to interrupt, but when there is more than 1 tuner (the 'if possible' option in Media Centre), the consecutive recording should start on the second available tuner, including pre padding recording time and leave the post padding recording of the preceding recording being handled by the first tuner even if the recordings are on the same channel. (both recording will then have their own file off course)

.Nico

it does, however i was hoping there might have been some technical improvement over WMC rather than just replicating the problems they have. i'm trying to find reasons to implement the external recorder. main problem is the scheduling clients are nowhere near good enough yet, imo.
spaceboy

Postby spaceboy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:44 pm

also one incidental question, which is not worth a thread on its own, i notice the newer transponder files say they are downloaded from kingofsat, which is great as i've been using this for years as a resource for changes. where are these downloaded from though as i don't see an option for this anywhere? thanks
spaceboy

Postby spaceboy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:47 pm

found them. questions still stand on recorder functionality
spaceboy

Postby spaceboy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:51 pm

ok, so my assumptions are, and thy have been confirmed by response: that DVBLink recorder replicates the same functionality and more importantly problems as WMC. Plus for the time being scheduling clients are meh at the best. i look forward to the improvement
spaceboy

Return to DVBLink TVSource