mcepgx-x.db Size Matters

DVBLink TVSource is discussed here!

Re: mcepgx-x.db Size Matters

Postby ChileanLlama » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi Tony,
I'm about the same number of channels and running vanilla V4. I did a manual refresh last Friday, and checked the size yesterday (so 6 days) was up to 630MB. So given # of channels and time period are roughly the same at this stage (1 week) the results look similar. It will be interesting to compare after 2 or 3 weeks (which is when I'll need to refresh again).

Cheers
ChileanLlama

Postby justinalot » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:44 am

I have already started to look for a more reliable alternative.

THe Cost and the effort for this to work seemlessly is becomming boring. At first I was happy to tinker around and get it working nicely but tbh, after owning a TIVO box from the start and trying to find something that can emulate it the same way, I will be very happy that my area is getting cable at the end of the year.

I was happy to pay for this product twice and also pay DigiGuide for the Guides, but when you add it all up with the time and the effort that is required it goes beyond a hobby.

<<deleted by the admin>>
Stop spreading rumors and read the release notes for the beta first.
Zalman 160XT,Quad Core Intel,2 WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2,1 WinTV-HVR-4400,4 Sources 3 HD S2 1 Analogue
DVBLINK Source and DVBLINK Network
Dreambox 500
DigiGuide Addin
justinalot

Postby mini__me » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:58 am

justinalot, I too have come from TiVo so know where you are coming from. However have you applied all the fixes in this thread and completely deleted the database for sure?

I have no problems with this at all with 8 tuners of ~320 channels served from 8 physical tuners with all the fixes applied, the main box is running sweet as a nut via digiguide plugin and clients are automatically updated on changes to lineup etc rather than my previous solution using Big Screen EPG, that although works brilliantly and stable for a good year and a half, did mean that all clients needed updating via BSE on each individual client.
mini__me

Postby digitalmischief » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:16 am

hows everyone getting on with this now?
digitalmischief

Postby mini__me » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:22 am

One of my client PCs hit the 2GB limit while I was away on holiday, but the main recording PC has stayed steady since this was implemented....so slightly hit and miss with 4.1.1

Not tried with 4.5 due to having TBS cards and them having issues with 4.5.
mini__me

Previous

Return to DVBLink TVSource