DVBLink TVSource v4.1.1

DVBLink TVSource is discussed here!

Re: DVBLink TVSource v4.1.1

Postby justinalot » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:48 pm

May I ask how long you have all been running this Program as I have been using it for a few years now and it seems to me that you will all end up with the same issue which is the Guide Data going a certain size and causing a crash. At first you will live with this as its fun to play around and get it all working perfectly.

But after all this time and Downloading numerous addons and fixing registry settings it seems to me if you want MCE to work without any problems then keep it as it is.

All this extra stuff is really nice but unless the Guide Data is finally fixed then there really is no point.

The first hing you will find is that MCE Guide dont supply all the Guide data for some channels, then you will find Digi Guide and Purchase that. (Yearly SUB) then you will ifnd out about XMLTV Gui which exports all the Digig guide data to XML format. But the problem there is that the data does not register the Repeat programs so you end up only recording 1 channel for new showings as you will end up with so many repeats that its impossible.

I think this program is excellent but unless the guide data is up to date and it works as if it was supplied by MS then you will be frustrated as I am after 2years spending so much money just to get a solution you want.

Rant over Please please please replay about the Guide Data isues which seem to be ignored............... :x
Zalman 160XT,Quad Core Intel,2 WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2,1 WinTV-HVR-4400,4 Sources 3 HD S2 1 Analogue
DVBLINK Source and DVBLINK Network
Dreambox 500
DigiGuide Addin
justinalot

Postby tups » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:33 pm

justinalot wrote:May I ask how long you have all been running this Program as I have been using it for a few years now and it seems to me that you will all end up with the same issue which is the Guide Data going a certain size and causing a crash. At first you will live with this as its fun to play around and get it all working perfectly.

But after all this time and Downloading numerous addons and fixing registry settings it seems to me if you want MCE to work without any problems then keep it as it is.

All this extra stuff is really nice but unless the Guide Data is finally fixed then there really is no point.

The first hing you will find is that MCE Guide dont supply all the Guide data for some channels, then you will find Digi Guide and Purchase that. (Yearly SUB) then you will ifnd out about XMLTV Gui which exports all the Digig guide data to XML format. But the problem there is that the data does not register the Repeat programs so you end up only recording 1 channel for new showings as you will end up with so many repeats that its impossible.

I think this program is excellent but unless the guide data is up to date and it works as if it was supplied by MS then you will be frustrated as I am after 2years spending so much money just to get a solution you want.

Rant over Please please please replay about the Guide Data isues which seem to be ignored............... :x

justinalot I share you pain and frustrations. I have commented in the other threads about experiencing the same issue with guide data, and also raised my own threads trying to resolve other problems that I am seeing since upgrading to v4.

I upgraded to take advantage of the cool remote EPG and streaming features but now really wish I hadn’t as what was a stable, wife friendly set-up now regularly goes wrong. I would revert back except I am dependant on the Colossus TV source which now only has a download available for v4.

I am all for new fancy features but I would give them up for better reliability!
Server: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Digital Devices Cine S2 V6, TVSource 4.5, Digiguide Plugin 4.5, Connect Server 4.5.
Clients: Mac Mini (Win7 Media Center), XBox 360 Extender, iPad2, iPhone4.
tups

Postby justinalot » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:57 pm

I would just like a response from the people I pay.... for the product!

Also I would be happy to pay more for a more reliable version, for instance I would happily pay more money if it works.

Otherwise this is just a tinkering program that someone wants to make some paypal donations from.
Zalman 160XT,Quad Core Intel,2 WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2,1 WinTV-HVR-4400,4 Sources 3 HD S2 1 Analogue
DVBLINK Source and DVBLINK Network
Dreambox 500
DigiGuide Addin
justinalot

Postby kris12 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:03 pm

I'm using last version of Your software. I have problem with live Internet streaming. After 10-20s is stoping and starting and stoping... I have 1 Mb/s upload and I have public IP. I' m trying on ipad2 and on iPhone with Your app and on my laptop. At home streaming is ok. Previously on old version of dvblink everything was ok. Even on 3G streaming was smooth.
Could you help?
Kris
kris12

Postby szilardusa » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Oberon wrote:http://dvblogic.com/NewsN/50

Hi!
I have a technisat cablestar combo hd ci and dvblink connect and tv source 4.1
it finds all the channels but they are encrypted. I have the correct cam and card inserted it, works with dvb tv software perfectly. I can even access cam menu.
I have read in posts that this box works with 3.2.2 version of your software with azurewave driver. I installed the driver it works with original software. Do not work with 4.1 version of dvblink, it finds all the channels but they are encrypted. it looks like ci modul is not recognized by your software version 4.1.1 It has internal ci
how can i make this work?

Please help

Thanks
Szilard
szilardusa Posts: 0Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:26 pm
szilardusa

Postby szilardusa » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:10 am

it works with azurwave driver!
question removed!
szilardusa

Postby torbqy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:41 am

Hi,
I have the below shown artifact problem, i don't have any windows updates or WIFI to disable.
I made 3 clean installs and always the same result.
The artifacts occur with "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" when i tune a non-FTA channel on W7MC. Free HD works fine.
I tried other codecs for W7MC and there is stability problem with other codecs and almost freezes when hardware deinterlaing is enabled.
The same problem happens with DVBViewer + "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" but other codecs works fine.

My GFX is Radeon HD 6850
I have 6 DVB devices connected to my system. Devices i use are:

• TechniSat SkyStar USB 2 HD CI (x1) ==> [ Videoguard CAM + original subscriber card]
  • Digital Devices Duo Flex C/T (x2) ==> Octopus CI [ Conax CAM + original subscriber card]
  • Digital Devices Duo Flex S2 (x2) ==> Octopus CI [ !!! My Videoguard CAM did not work with Digital Devices, so this will be used for something else !!! ]
  • Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD S2 (x1) ==> [ Multisat + card sharing ]

The problem is not related with a specific DVB Device or CAS or Provider or DVB system, i've compared all and i'm sure of that.

Here is a screen shot showing NatGeoWildHD received with Digital Devices Duo Flex C from DVB-C.
Since Duo Flex has 2 tuners and sharing a CAM i can use DVBViewer and W7MC at the same time to receive the same signal/stream.
The one on right is DVBViewer using ffdshow, the one on left is W7MC using default Microsoft codec.

I didn't have this artifact problem before clean install. I upgraded to new TVSource also, i hope this has nothing to do with new TVSource.

I tried LAV codec: not working stable, i tried core codec: not stable, i tried ffdshow: exits right away, microsoft codec with artifacts is stable.

I would appreciate any help on this matter. What codec should i use with W7MC? or what do you think the problem is?
Last edited by torbqy on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
torbqy

Postby Micromecca » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:06 pm

The only real difference as far as Media Center is concerned is that the virtual tuners are now PBDA (previously just BDA).
I have seen this issue previously with Media Center and ATI Radeon HD Series graphics cards, it was solved by rolling back the Drivers to Catalyst v11.8
Catalyst v11.8 x86
Catalyst v11.8 x64

Obviously I can't guarantee that this will fix your issue, but its deffinately worth trying, I strongly recommend removing all current ATI graphics software and rebooting before installing this version.

rgds
Marty
Server: WHS2011, DD Cine S2, TBS 6981, SkyStar HD2, TVSource 4.5, Connect Server 4.5, Digiguide Plugin 4.5, Acamd.
Clients: 2 x Win7 Media Center, Galaxy S2 (ICS 4.0.3), Motorola Xoom (ICS 4.0.4)
Micromecca

Postby dbjorck » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi!

Very interesting. What if you have the same problem on nVidia GeForce?? (GT330)

Brgds

Danny
dbjorck

Postby Micromecca » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi Danny, If I remember correctly a similar issue was reported with a certain Nvidia driver release, around January I think and rolling back to an older version also fixed that problem. Its possible that the issue has now been corrected in more recent versions, a quick search of the forum should yield the exact information 8)

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=16534

rgds
Mary
Server: WHS2011, DD Cine S2, TBS 6981, SkyStar HD2, TVSource 4.5, Connect Server 4.5, Digiguide Plugin 4.5, Acamd.
Clients: 2 x Win7 Media Center, Galaxy S2 (ICS 4.0.3), Motorola Xoom (ICS 4.0.4)
Micromecca

Postby torbqy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Micromecca wrote:I have seen this issue previously with Media Center and ATI Radeon HD Series graphics cards, it was solved by rolling back the Drivers to Catalyst v11.8

Oh my god!!! That solved it!!! Thank you so much Marty. It works perfectly!!! I am so happy :-D What a relief...

Now could anyone please tell me what i shouldn't do with my clean W7MC or be careful about?
Here are some of the things i have on my mind.

• Installing Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows 7 (25.10.2010) KB2284742-x64 - is there any need for this?
  • Installing Shark 007 Codecs
  • using ffdshow audio as W7MC audio for TV
  • using another h264 codec for HDTV - which one is recommended? core3? LAV? ms? other?
  • installing media browser
  • any other thing that you think messes-up W7MC
I would appreciate any comment/help

Thnx,

ToR
Digital Devices: Octopus Twin CI+DuoFlex S2+DuoFlex C/T
Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD S2, Technisat SkyStar HD 2+CI
DVBLink: Server v4.1.0, Connect! Server v4.1.0, TVSource(x8) v4.1.1
W7MC, 2xiPad3, iPhone4S, iPod Touch4, 2x X-Box 360, DLNA: WMP, PS3, LG TV
torbqy

Postby Micromecca » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:55 am

Your most welcome, I scratched my head with the same problem on ONE channel for quite some time (UK Channel 4HD) until I fathomed it out.

I use everything that you mention in your list with no problems at all, although I pref the LAV Audio codec over FFDShow, just remember to disable the Microsoft audio decoder on the swap tab though or sometimes you end up with very odd results.

I just checked on KB2284742 - I have it installed and havnt experienced any issue

rgds
Marty
Micromecca

Postby tony_park » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:55 am

torbqy wrote:
Micromecca wrote:I have seen this issue previously with Media Center and ATI Radeon HD Series graphics cards, it was solved by rolling back the Drivers to Catalyst v11.8

Oh my god!!! That solved it!!! Thank you so much Marty. It works perfectly!!! I am so happy :-D What a relief...

Now could anyone please tell me what i shouldn't do with my clean W7MC or be careful about?
Here are some of the things i have on my mind.

• Installing Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows 7 (25.10.2010) KB2284742-x64 - is there any need for this?
  • Installing Shark 007 Codecs
  • using ffdshow audio as W7MC audio for TV
  • using another h264 codec for HDTV - which one is recommended? core3? LAV? ms? other?
  • installing media browser
  • any other thing that you think messes-up W7MC
I would appreciate any comment/help

Thnx,

ToR

ToR,

take a backup before applying any of these, that way, if you do find you have problems, you can rollback and remove the problem ;-)

Tony
Windows 7 Media Center in Evolve Media PC Case
Intel i3 HD2000
Dreambox Clone - CCCam 2.1.3,
2xTBS 6981 dual S2 tuner, 1xTSB 6985,
Plugin: Acamd 0.6.2.0
TV Source 4.6.0
tony_park

Postby torbqy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi,

I can not use any of the scanning presets with EIT Scanner in the EPG Scan page of TVSouce Config. They simply are not selectable. Is this normal?

Thanks

Image ToR
Digital Devices: Octopus Twin CI+DuoFlex S2+DuoFlex C/T
Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD S2, Technisat SkyStar HD 2+CI
DVBLink: Server v4.1.0, Connect! Server v4.1.0, TVSource(x8) v4.1.1
W7MC, 2xiPad3, iPhone4S, iPod Touch4, 2x X-Box 360, DLNA: WMP, PS3, LG TV
torbqy

Postby Oberon » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:35 pm

torbqy wrote:Hi,

I can not use any of the scanning presets with EIT Scanner in the EPG Scan page of TVSouce Config. They simply are not selectable. Is this normal?
ToR

You need to double click on a EIT scanner row.
Server: Synology DS214Play, DVBSky S960CI Astra 28/23/19 (CanalDigitaal subscription), TeVii s660 Amos 4/Sirius, DVBLink TVSource and TV Adviser (GB) 5.1.0
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 with XBMC 13.2, RPi with XBMC 13.2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
Oberon

PreviousNext

Return to DVBLink TVSource