DVBLink Theatre on Amazon Fire TV

General discussions over DVBLink products

DVBLink Theatre on Amazon Fire TV

Postby pwk27 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:16 am

I have just installed the DVBLink Theatre app on my Amazon Fire TV. It was easy to set up and works a treat. Much easier and quicker to set and play the recordings from my Synology NAS than the DVBLink add-on in the sideloaded Kodi app.

I realise this is just version 1.0.0, but can I suggest some ideas for a future release?

- Update the UI (particularly for the EPG/guide). It's functional but seems from a previous era...
- For recorded content, provide the facility to play from the beginning or resume. This would also be valuable if multiple DVBLink clients are on the network.
- Use the 'right click' menu button of the Fire TV remote to bring up sub-menus, rather than having to navigate to the left or top of the screen.

Keep up the great work.

Paul
Server: Synology DS214+ & DSM 6.0, PCTV292e DVB-T/T2 (UK Freeview), DVBLink Server/TVSource 6.0.0
Clients: RPi B+ & Lenovo Yoga 2 & Windows 10 PC with Kodi 16.1. Amazon Fire TV with DVBLink Theatre 1.0.0
pwk27

Re: DVBLink Theatre on Amazon Fire TV

Postby Auldar » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:18 am

Unfortunately, deinterlacing doesn't work on a Fire TV with Theatre, even when it's turned on. I have the same problem in Kodi too.

I think it's time to move to Apple TV 4, or Nvidia Shield.
Auldar

Re: DVBLink Theatre on Amazon Fire TV

Postby Auldar » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:26 am

Just for the record, finally got an ATV4 running MrMC and it has no access to hardware acceleration and software deinterlacing is still terrible :( barely better than my FireTVs.

So disappointed.
Auldar

Return to General