EPG New/Repeat Feature not Working

General discussions over DVBLink products

Re: EPG New/Repeat Feature not Working

Postby Oberon » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:05 am

We are in touch with percdata and will resolve the issue soon.
Oberon

Postby Charles R » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm seeing an issue with the "Previously not recorded programs" logic. I switched to it since the new logic isn't working...

I noticed Monday's normal airing of "Bachelor in Paradise" wasn't set to record. The After Paradise wrap-up was however. Looking around I see both Sunday's and Monday's airing has the same episode number (204). As you can see via the image they are different lengths so they clearing aren't the same and both are first run or "premieres"
Attachments
Untitled1.png
Untitled1.png (116.65 KiB) Viewed 5380 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (116.46 KiB) Viewed 5380 times
Charles R

Postby Oberon » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:51 am

We are not comparing length as it can vary under different circumstances even for the same episode. Only episode/season number is taken into account.
Oberon

Postby Charles R » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:47 pm

I wouldn't expect you to compare length as it was only noted to show they are different episodes. So the record if it hasn't already been recorded uses episode number as its only logic? At this point neither of the record only methods appear to be working...
Charles R

Postby Oberon » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:38 pm

DVBLink compares three things - episode number/season number and/or episode title.
Oberon

Postby Charles R » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Oberon wrote:DVBLink compares three things - episode number/season number and/or episode title.

Appreciate the info. So we can "write" this off as being bad guide data as clearly the episode number is the same for both episodes.
Charles R

Postby RTK » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:56 pm

@Oberon - Can we get a status update for fixing this issue? New season of shows here in North America is starting next week and DVBLink needs to have this basic functionality.
Thank you
RTK

Postby Charles R » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:08 am

As the new season starts I don't think it's that important as everything will be "new" for the time being, no? Frankly, since I noticed the guide data being wrong (see prior post) I don't see any real option other than to record All. That is if you don't want to miss recordings or study your recording schedule on a regular basis.
Charles R

Postby RTK » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:33 am

@Charles - While that may work briefly, I don't consider that an acceptable solution nor should you.
RTK

Postby AEBogdan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:45 pm

Charles, did you report your problem as a LINEUP ISSUE at PERC data? If not, they have a very simple interface to do so. Log in and click the "Report Lineup Problems" link. You can just send them a direct link to your forum post. They will look at the actual data being sent and will let you know if it truly is a data problem.

https://www.percdata.com/login

My experience yet so far has been that everything I was told was a data issue has turned out to be a code issue. Until the importer has been fully debugged we should probably involve PERC in our data related support questions, otherwise bugs may go unfixed. (If there actually is a data problem, notifying PERC would fix that issue as well.)
Last edited by AEBogdan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AEBogdan

Postby Oberon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:36 pm

If anyone runs DVBLink on Windows platform, please test the new Percdata loader:
http://www.dvblogic.com/download/Trunk/ ... -5.5.0.dlp

It should handle correctly premiere (aka new) flag from epg on series recordings.

Before installing it, please delete all files from <dvblink>\sources\<percdata source>\schedules directory to trigger epg update after installation.
Oberon

Postby Charles R » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:50 pm

RTK wrote:@Charles - While that may work briefly, I don't consider that an acceptable solution nor should you.

Acceptable and reality are often different. At this point I wouldn't trust my recording schedule to either of the "new" logic methods and I don't think you should either. :) That is unless you're willing to miss recordings. As shown by the images I posted the guide data (regardless of where/how it went off) isn't accurate (at times).

Sure I wish it had TiVo's accuracy as I think I missed one or two recordings in close to a decade because of guide data issues. How much better will it get? Heck if I know. I do know unless I run out of tuners (and miss recordings) I rather record a "few repeats" than miss first runs. I'm not that much of a gambler when it comes to TV. Nor do I want to continually study my recording schedule... especially as the new season hits it's rather active.
Charles R

Postby AEBogdan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:43 pm

Charles,

What you are calling a data error is not actually a data error. If you want a different Episode numbers for each night of that particular show it would require a change to the EPG importer.

Here's the PERC data for "Bachelor In Paradise", which I obtained by asking PERC to look into this for you:

<schedule program='EP018981910036' station='19626' time='2015-09-07T00:00:00Z' duration='PT02H01M' stereo='true' hdtv='true' closeCaptioned='true' dolby='Dolby Digital' new='true'/>

<schedule program='EP018981910039' station='19626' time='2015-09-08T01:00:00Z' duration='PT01H01M' tvRating='TV-14' stereo='true' hdtv='true' closeCaptioned='true' dolby='Dolby Digital' new='true' premier_finale='Season Finale'/>

<program id='EP018981910036'>
<series>EP01898191</series>
<title>Bachelor in Paradise</title>
<showType>Series</showType>
<originalAirDate>2015-09-06</originalAirDate>
<syndicatedEpisodeNumber>206A</syndicatedEpisodeNumber>
</program>

<program id='EP018981910039'>
<series>EP01898191</series>
<title>Bachelor in Paradise</title>
<showType>Series</showType>
<originalAirDate>2015-09-07</originalAirDate>
<syndicatedEpisodeNumber>206B</syndicatedEpisodeNumber>
</program>

This episode includes two time slots. Both are EPISODE 206, but divided into A and B airings. This information is included in the PERC data. 206A is 121 minutes and 206B is 61 minutes.

It appears the PERC importer is parsing out the A and B suffix from the the <syndicatedEpisodeNumber>. The <syndicatedEpisodeNumber> is provided by the producers and I'm guessing the coders likely removed alpha characters so they are left only with the episode number and not any odd characters.

I'll leave this with Oberon to forward to the DVBLink coders. They may want to review if truncating the alpha's might cause issues with scheduling logic in cases like this, and if it does how to properly handle such cases.

From what I can see, the data will be working smoothly soon. Just a few minor issues like this that needs to get discovered and fixed.
AEBogdan

Postby Charles R » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:21 pm

AEBogdan wrote:What you are calling a data error is not actually a data error.

I totally understand your logic and definition of "data error" I simply disagree with it. I know DVBLink is unique in that I have to subscribe to guide data however in my eyes they don't exist. As in it's not their's or my responsibility to ensure guide data is processed or presented correctly via DVBLink.

When it presents two episodes as being the same and they aren't... per my definition that's a guide data error. As I posted where/how it became about I don't care. It's simply a matter of semantics. From a consumer stand point it either works or it doesn't. The why is irrelevant. At this point it doesn't work (for me)... hence I won't rely on either method.
Charles R

Postby RTK » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:55 pm

@Oberon - Thank you for posting new PercData loader however I and I suspect many others are running DVBLink on (Synology) NAS. Hopefully someone out there who is Windows based can test out the fix.
RTK

PreviousNext

Return to General