EPG New/Repeat Feature not Working

General discussions over DVBLink products

EPG New/Repeat Feature not Working

Postby AEBogdan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:23 pm

I set DVBLink to use "Programs, having no Repeat flag in EPG" for the "Definition of 'New Only' schedules" setting. When I create a schedule with "Only New Programs" set to YES it still records repeats.

Here's my setup:
Synology 1511+ Server
DVBLink Server 11779
DVBLink EPG Loader for PercData 11684
DVBLink TVSource 11779
HDHomeRun
AEBogdan

Re: EPG New/Repeat Feature not Working

Postby Oberon » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:27 pm

Do the programs, which are repeats, have the repeat sign on them in EPG?
Oberon

Postby Charles R » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:22 am

I am having the same issue. Just checked my future schedule and it reflects upcoming repeats being recorded as well.

Maybe I don't where to look but I have never seen anything listed as a repeat in the EPG.
Charles R

Postby AEBogdan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:55 pm

As Charles said, I'm also not sure where to look for the EPG repeat flag. It isn't listed in the program description, so there's no way to verify how it's being loaded and used. There's also no obvious way to look at the raw EPG data file. Access to such data, the parsed data in the program guide and perhaps the raw data file in the settings, would certainly be useful for debugging this.

The description of the PERC plug-in says it loads the repeat flag, but we will need help verifying if it's a data availability, parsing, or code issue.
AEBogdan

Postby Oberon » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:33 pm

The thing is that if programs do not have a repeat flag on them, then not recording them will not work. What is the source of epg data that you are using>
Oberon

Postby AEBogdan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:27 pm

We're talking about current primetime shows on major networks (ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX), so if the repeat flag is missing from these it is likely missing from all of them.

The data is coming from PERC, which is listed as including the repeat flag on the DVBLink website.

I'll contact PERC and make sure they are sending the repeat flag in the data. Once I do that, how can I verify the flag is being loaded? Is there a way to view the guide database or the repeat flag in the guide? Should there be a repeat icon or text in a show's description?
AEBogdan

Postby AEBogdan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:51 pm

Tried changing the "Definition of 'New only' schedules" item on the RECORDER tab in Settings, but when I click the check mark to save the change I now get an "Error: Internal Error" message.

This error did not occur with the initial upgrade to 5.5, so this may be an issue with the newest build?
AEBogdan

Postby Oberon » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Please update your server for the fix on internal error issue. The build is the same
Oberon

Postby AEBogdan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:49 pm

Contacted PERC support. PERC said they do not have a "REPEAT flag" in their data, but instead set a "NEW flag". The DVBLink description mentions loading the REPEAT flag from PERC data, so one thing to verify is that the programmers of the PERC EPG importer are defaulting all items as a REPEAT unless the NEW flag is passed.

We do not have a repeat flag. We have a "new" flag. The absence of a flag doesn't necessarily mean it's a repeat... it could mean we don't know.
AEBogdan

Postby Charles R » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:51 am

We do not have a repeat flag. We have a "new" flag. The absence of a flag doesn't necessarily mean it's a repeat... it could mean we don't know.

This is scary... if you key "off" new they are stating you may well be missing new airings. If that's the case what good is the logic... process? And might explain why up to now the only logic has been if it has or hasn't been recorded. Based on the quote I'll have to use the "old" method... rather record the same episode twice than miss another.

Any chance there is an (original) air date?
Charles R

Postby Charles R » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:03 am

This was posted in my thread at AVSForum... I presume it's accurate.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdtv-r ... st32543345

Here is a sample of the data that is generated by Schedules Direct, the same information will be provided by PercData.

<programme start="20150323230000 -0400" stop="20150323233500 -0400" channel="I62.1.20376.schedulesdirect.org">
<title lang="en">Two and a Half Men</title>
<sub-title lang="en">It Was Mame, Mom</sub-title>
<desc lang="en">When a gay ad executive invites Charlie to a cocktail party, Charlie makes Alan go with him, as his gay partner.</desc>
<credits>
<actor>Charlie Sheen</actor>
<actor>Jon Cryer</actor>
<actor>Angus T. Jones</actor>
<actor>Marin Hinkle</actor>
<actor>Holland Taylor</actor>
<actor>Melanie Lynskey</actor>
<guest>Lucy Lawless</guest>
<guest>David Starzyk</guest>
<guest>Nick Toth</guest>
<guest>Dayna Devon</guest>
<producer>Chuck Lorre</producer>
<producer>Lee Aronsohn</producer>
<producer>Eric Tannenbaum</producer>
<producer>Kim Tannenbaum</producer>
<producer>Mark Burg</producer>
<producer>Oren Koules</producer>
<director>Pamela Fryman</director>
<writer>Chuck Lorre</writer>
<writer>Lee Aronsohn</writer>
</credits>
<date>20050307</date>
<category lang="en">Series</category>
<category lang="en">Sitcom</category>
<episode-num system="onscreen">42</episode-num>
<episode-num system="dd_progid">EP00592733.0043</episode-num>
<video>
<aspect>16:9</aspect>
<quality>HDTV</quality>
</video>
<audio>
<stereo>stereo</stereo>
</audio>
<previously-shown start="20050307000000" />
<subtitles type="teletext" />
<rating system="VCHIP">
<value>TV-14</value>
</rating>
</programme>

Clarkss's dump is XMLTV format, but the raw data is similar.

Gracenote does mark episodes as new, but they also provide an Original Air Date field. I'm not sure which field(s) DVBLink uses in the data.
Charles R

Postby AEBogdan » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:32 am

Looking at the ICETV forum, I see a lot of mentions of a "Repeat flag". I wonder if the repeat logic was copied from the ICETV importer into the PERC importer, but the data provided is actually different? Just a wild guess based on the "Repeat Flag" vs "New Flag" confusion.
AEBogdan

Postby Charles R » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:58 pm

No one expects issues to be resolved instantly however it would be nice if we received some feedback. Regardless of what's going on or not going on in the background it can't hurt. It might even help such as before this was implemented if we were made aware of its logic we may have found "back then" there was an issue... which could have been resolved.
Charles R

Postby RTK » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:34 am

@Oberon - Can we get an update on this issue? Would assistance from Robert (Percdata) be helpful or do you believe you know why its not working as intended?
RTK

Postby Oberon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:42 am

The flags that you refer to are very new and not supported yet by DVBLink EPG loader for percdata.
We have been in touch with Robert and agreed that he will make a small adjustment to the data format. Afterwards the flag will be integrated into loader.
And then the algorithm itself in dvblink server has to be updated.
I expect it all will take several weeks.
Oberon

Next

Return to General