Windows 10 With DVBLINK 5.1

General discussions over DVBLink products

Windows 10 With DVBLINK 5.1

Postby accacc5 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:09 pm

Cheers all,

I would like to have a confirmation if the DVBLink products v5.1 (Server, Connect Server, DVBLink for Dreambox, DVBLink XBMC PVR) are compatible with windows 10.
Does anybody have clear info on that ?
Any help would be much appreciated as i will not upgrade to windows 10 if DVBLink products aren't compatible.
Prefer to keep my setup working fine with those great products instead of windows 10 upgrade if it's going to brake them.

If it is compatible, will my licenses continue to work ? (windows 10 is an upgrade not a clean install, so all files+folders would remain in same place on the same machine)

Thanks in advance for any help.
accacc5

Re: Windows 10 With DVBLINK 5.1

Postby Oberon » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:12 pm

Yes, they are compatible with Windows 10 and your license should also continue to work. If it does not - activate a trial mode after install and drop and e-mail to info at dvblogic.com for a license reset.

Please be aware that Windows 10 does not include a Windows Media Center. SO if you are using it for watching TV with DVBlink, please do not upgrade or you will loose this functionality.
Oberon

Re: Windows 10 With DVBLINK 5.1

Postby accacc5 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Oberon wrote:Yes, they are compatible with Windows 10 and your license should also continue to work. If it does not - activate a trial mode after install and drop and e-mail to info at dvblogic.com for a license reset.

Please be aware that Windows 10 does not include a Windows Media Center. SO if you are using it for watching TV with DVBlink, please do not upgrade or you will loose this functionality.

thanks Oberon for your quick reply, as usual you are always there for us !
I don't use WMC, I use XBMC for TV so this isn't an issue.
I expect the license to continue as it's an upgrade not a clean install, but in case it goes wrong (things can happen when upgrading), i will do as you advised.

Thanks again.
accacc5

Return to General