Problems with version 5.5

General discussions over DVBLink products

Problems with version 5.5

Postby toga » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi,
I updated my version 5.1 installation to version 5.5. There are a number of nice enhancements in the web interface. However, I encountered a number of functional issues as well as usability issues with the web interface:

• Tuning fails for many transponders. This has been fixed with the new TVSource build 11740. Thanks! :)

• The new TV guide page is mostly unusable for me, because in the new version there seems to be no way on a touch device to scroll through the cannels. In version 5.1 there were the small page up/down buttons, that made it possible to scroll through the channels list. In version 5.5 they’ve been removed, and now it seems to be unusable with touch devices. Or did I miss something?

• Why is the “Selected 0 program(s)” popup sitting on the recordings list all the time? Shouldn’t it work like in 5.1, where it is shown only when at least one recording is selected?

• In the TV recordings list, I selected 5 recordings and clicked on delete in the “Selected 5 program(s)” popup. The files got deleted, however, the items remained in the TV recordings list. Refreshing the web page doesn’t change anything. The deleted items are still there. An attempt to play them results in “Error: General error happened”

• Similar problem with the Schedules list. I have conflicting recordings, so I click on REC to remove some. Something happens internally (the wait symbol runs), but then the recordings are here again. When I click on REC again, a message appears: “Error: General error happened”

• The “Light” theme is OK for the TV guide, but not good for the recordings or scheduling list. For those two, the “Light” theme still has white text on dark background. With the “Light” theme, I’d expect dark text on white background, just like in the TV guide.

• I miss the ability to expand all details inline, so I can read through them easily.

• In the “Channel selection” page, when I click on the preview button for a channel, there comes a popup that asks which source should be used. However, whatever I select, the “Monitoring” tab shows that TVSource-1 is used.

Based on the above issues, I reverted back to 5.1. I hope you can fix these issues soon.
toga

Re: Problems with version 5.5

Postby Oberon » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:03 pm

You can scroll up and down on mobile devices by simply scrolling the guide area with the fingers.
4th and 5th issues are specific to IE.
The 7th will not be done, all others will be addressed (except for scrolling, which works already) sooner or later.
Oberon

Postby toga » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi Oberon,

Thanks for the fast reply.

I tried it again, but still, scrolling the TV Guide area does not work with touch enabled devices. Neither on a tablet with Windows 8.1 nor Windows 10, using IE or Edge, scrolling of the channel list is not working. Moving the fingers over the guide area simply highlights the element under the touch point (even multi-touch points :)); no scrolling takes place.

That makes it nearly impossible for me to use it. Please check that issue soon!
toga

Postby dgre057 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:15 am

Not sure if you've made progress, but I just updated. Visually, it's better, but the touch-enabled scrolling doesn't work quite like I was hoping it would. It doesn't scroll smoothly like on an app. You swipe up on the channel list, and then after a couple of seconds the guide updates with the next screen-worth of channels. There is also a setting under "General" to enable/disable "gesture control", which is the touch-enabled scrolling it supports.
dgre057

Return to General