Monitoring Disconnects

General discussions over DVBLink products

Re: Monitoring Disconnects

Postby Oberon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:34 pm

Hm. Interesting. Does not make any sense to me as well. Please post your findings here after testing it some more. Thanks.
Oberon

Postby Charles R » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:13 pm

Ok I spent an hour testing. I did roughly six passes three with Disk Spin-down on and three with it off. Watching the same channel each time. I would close Kodi and toggle the feature off and on. One pass I even rebooted the NAS and the PC to ensure the option was being updated. In every case I saw disconnects (and a few breakups) with it on and never saw a disconnect or breakup with it off. Strange!

The first image shows the typical scan with the option on and the next off. Now I can't say six passes or an hour proves anything but so far I can say I haven't seen any breakup with it off...
Attachments
scanon.png
scanon.png (32.17 KiB) Viewed 2526 times
scanoff.png
scanoff.png (35.34 KiB) Viewed 2526 times
Charles R

Postby Charles R » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:17 pm

Last night while recording four shows concurrently most of the night I saw two image breakups (rather severe) with Disk Spin-down turned off. I didn't see any Disconnects while monitoring. So it was certainly better than the previous night. Still not enough data to get beyond the consequence stage...
Charles R

Previous

Return to General