Demo Channels?

General discussions over DVBLink products

Demo Channels?

Postby Charles R » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:55 pm

I have installed Windows 10 (Preview) and Kodi 15 (Alpha 1&2) several times. Up until today everything went as expected. Today as soon as I enabled the Add-on it made my NAS TV channels available along with my recordings as expected. However at the same time it "created" numerous demo channels and even scheduled several recordings on the channels. Both the recordings and scheduled recordings were reflected on the NAS. Although the demo channels don't appear on the NAS. It also created a Radio main menu option. When I disabled the Add-on the Radio menu option disappeared.

I ended up deleting the entire Kodi installation and verified the directories were gone. Which didn't help as I saw the exact same issue when I did the next install. Now I have done virtually the same process close to a half dozen times and never saw the this activity. Any clues? :)
Charles R

Re: Demo Channels?

Postby Charles R » Mon May 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Since no one has addressed this I'll sort of answer it myself. I still don't know how/why the demo channels are being created but I found a way of removing them from being active.
Inside of Kodi you go to : Live TV - General - Group Manager - and hide the demo stations.
Charles R

Return to General