Updating...

General discussions over DVBLink products

Updating...

Postby Charles R » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:28 pm

I had the current (up to this week) release for Server, EPG Loader for PercData and SourceTV on a ReadyNAS. It informed me EPG Loader and SourceTV had updates and I installed them via the DVBLink Configuration screen. Clicking on Server it stated it was up to date...

Looking around it appears you need to keep all three at the same version and I'm wondering how you should upgrade on an ongoing basis? I'm still playing around and did a Factory Reset then downloaded the new version of the Server and it installed the new version of the others. Just curious going forward how I should proceed.
Charles R

Re: Updating...

Postby the_man » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:18 am

For the future, dvblink server always has updated by manually.
You just need download dvblink server installation file from dvblogic web site and install it over an existing installation.
As for packages, you also can download them from site, but much faster and easier do it via dvblink package center.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby Charles R » Fri May 01, 2015 3:33 pm

As a follow-up I wish you could easily see which version (build) of DVBLink Server is installed. And at the same time when you went to manually download the "current version" it stated which build it was as well. At this point I can never tell if the download is newer than what I have installed...

As an example new features have just been added to the Kodi Add-on which requires a new build. How can I tell when it's released?
Charles R

Postby RTK » Sun May 10, 2015 1:39 am

I would like to agree with this request. I can see which build version of each DVBlink component is loaded from with the web app however for the Server app, the build version is not listed or shown at the download link on the DVBlink website. Could you guys please add a build version to the download link so the end user knows which version they are downloading?
RTK

Return to General