Deleted recorded tv still showing?

General discussions over DVBLink products

Deleted recorded tv still showing?

Postby MCE_DVB » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Hi all,

I have created a small autoit script to remove duplicate recordings. All works well. My issue is despite files being deleted they still show in dvblink? And also xbmc? Is there a log stored some place i dont know about that needs updating?

Thank you in advance.
MCE_DVB

Re: Deleted recorded tv still showing?

Postby Oberon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:36 am

There is a check box in the TV and Media Library Settings dialog (under Recorder section). If you check it, DVBLink will look for the non-existent files and delete them from database as well.
Oberon

Postby MCE_DVB » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:25 am

Hi Oberon thank you for the reply. I found this check box and it has worked for about half of old non existant recordings but there is still old other non existant recordings showing? Could I manualy reset or edid tje data base you speak of as I asume moving forwatd now the check box is marked all would be okay I guess the issue is just related to old recordings? Thank youbin advance for the support.
MCE_DVB

Postby the_man » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:37 am

May be need more time for that, but may be dlrecorder.db slightly damaged or so.
Just in case you can repair it. http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... er.db_file
Also if you have some skills work with sqlite you can manually delete non-existent records.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby MCE_DVB » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi the_man,

Thank you for your reply / help.

I have done as stated repairing dlrecorder.db but sadly no joy. I still have old recordings listed. I have also tried a manual delete from the web interface but I get "error while deleting recording" message? I am not confident manipulating an sqldb to manually remove. any other options or is sql workbench manual remove last option?
MCE_DVB

Postby the_man » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:19 am

Look here viewtopic.php?f=69&t=28362&p=95047&hilit=Delete+sqlite#p95047
There are some tips which must help you.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby MCE_DVB » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:19 am

Hi the_man,

Thank you - this worked great and was no where near as difficult as I had envisaged!

Perhaps better asked in another post but still related:

1) I am still finding recordings are showing in the dvblink db despite deletions taking place. however my situation is perhaps a littler different. the script I have to remove duplicates shortens the file name - could it be that because the file name has changed the dvb link db cant find it so as such does not delete it from the db and as such this is why i am getting duplicates when files have been removed / changed? if so is there a way to correct this - e.g if a file name changes the db notices and updates its records.

2) is there an explanation of the file naming any where? i have looked but could not find a difinative answer as to the structure. I could perhaps alter my script to look for duplicates in a different way without renaming and thus just delete suspected duplicates that would then hopefully be removed form the dvblink db automatically?

Thank you in advance.
MCE_DVB

Postby the_man » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:31 pm

What version/build of dvblink server are you using?
There was some bug in one of previouse builds, that created a dual records.
About lartest builds you can read there http://dvblogic.com/en/news/78-new-dvbl ... 2-support/

Also if you have not any important recordings, you can stop dvblink server, delete dlrecorder.db and start dvblink server. Server create a new fresh db (but you'll lose all records)
the_man

Postby MCE_DVB » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:14 am

Hi the_man

Thank you for the reply.

I am not suffering from the duplicate issue mentioned but more over I believe the delete function only works if renaming had not taken place. So my renaming and deleting process is working great for the files bit since it does not match back to back with the dvbdatabase the database becomes out of sync. What I guess I need to do is work out a way to note a file title and make amendents to the db before making amendments to the file.
MCE_DVB

Postby janoonk » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:21 pm

Well suffered from this problem a really long time. With above tips I managed to get it working:
-install a SQLite program like DB Browser on a Windows host: http://sqlitebrowser.org/
-with WinSCP I copied /var/packages/DVBLinkServer/target/share/database/dlrecorder.db to the Windows host (first make a backup!)
-with DB Browser I opened the database
-on "Execute SQL" tab: execute "delete from completed_recording where state=2"
-write changes
-copy back modified database to Synology using WinSCP
-on Synology run DVBLink > Settings > Recorder at the bottom choose "repair recording database" (to be sure)
-restart the TV and relaunch, by using Source on your remote, DVBLink DLNA TV Server
-goto the folder et voila you will now see only the correct and existing recordings
janoonk

Return to General