License key(s) issue

General discussions over DVBLink products

License key(s) issue

Postby skiv71 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:28 pm

Hi,

I've been in touch with dvblink support several times today, but it now appears I'm being ignored, so here goes...

I'm a long term dvblink user (since v3) and have installed my setup for friends and family (with quite a few license's purchased over the years).

Last August (2014) I was testing a new Intel NUC/Windows 7 + USB dual dvb-s2 tuner and all was going splendidly. :D

I was so impressed with dvblink v5, I purchased 2 licenses whilst still in the trial period (my bad).

Shortly after, the dual USB dvb-s2 tuner failed, so I gave up on trialling the above rig and continued using my existing dvblink v4/tower pc/dvb-s2 PCI-e setup.

At this time, I wrote to dvblink support, detailing what I'd done and asked if I could de-activate the used licenses, so I could use them when I decide to upgrade my dvblink v4 setup.

Well, with Xmas and moving house, babies and what not, I've only just got around to installing v5 on the above tower pc setup (well 2-3 weeks ago).

Today, my trial period ended so I contacted dvblink, asking them to honour what they promised and they virtually said (in only 1 reply), buy new licenses :o

I sent many more emails re-iterating what had taken place and what they'd offered to do (still had the email's) and just got ignored :(

In the end, I've had to purchase 2 further licenses (TVSource & Connect Server) and leave the other 2, paid for licenses for the scrap heap.

I'm quite miffed to say the least!

What do I have to do, to get those previously purchased license key's available to use?

Thanks

Neil
skiv71

Re: License key(s) issue

Postby skiv71 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:07 am

Thanks Oberon and the dvblink team
skiv71

Postby Oberon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:00 am

Has your issue been resolved by our e-mail support?
Oberon

Postby skiv71 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:50 am

No, I've just been ignored, hence why I had to purchase another pair of license keys. :(
skiv71

Postby Oberon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:00 am

Please write an e-mail to info at dvblogic.com and explain the situation. In case of double purchase you will get a refund.
Oberon

Postby skiv71 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:05 am

Well now I've purchased new keys, I'd sooner have the previous keys made usable again for my dad's system.
skiv71

Postby skiv71 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Ok, so I've now had a reply from support. They're saying some how I managed to reuse the keys from last year all by myself. Ridiculous, I activated my recent install using new licenses I just bought this week. What the...?
skiv71

Postby skiv71 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Can you please help me out with this Oberon? Thanks, Neil
skiv71

Postby the_man » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:51 pm

skiv71 wrote:Ok, so I've now had a reply from support. They're saying some how I managed to reuse the keys from last year all by myself. Ridiculous, I activated my recent install using new licenses I just bought this week. What the...?

As i understand, you installed dvblink server V5.x, but before that you used dvblink server V4.x with license for TV source and now you need to pay only for upgrade your license. You can do this at License portal.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby skiv71 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi 'the_man',

Not quite, I was trialling a new intel NUC/USB tuner setup with v5 and was hoping to stick with it, so I bought v5 licenses.

The tuner module failed, so the idea was shelved and I used the NUC for something else.

I've been a long time v4 user and but I liked the new features of v5, so I'd always planned to install it in place of the v4 at some point.

Finally got around to it and I requested from support the permission to re-use the v5 licenses from last year.

I did not think I was getting anywhere, so I'm sure I went ahead and purchased some new license's to get me up and running again.

However, this appears to be the point I 'lost my marbles'. I could of sworn blind I'd purchased these license's (even recall the email's coming through), but on checking all my records, I cannot find a trace of this.

So it appears dvblink support did de-activate my licenses (as requested) and that's what I activated on the 9th Feb 2015.

I feel stupid and would like to apologise, I don't know what has happened here.

Must be Aliens :mrgreen:

Sorry.

Neil
skiv71

Return to General