DVBLink v5.1 not supporting PCTV tripleStick 292e tuner?

General discussions over DVBLink products

DVBLink v5.1 not supporting PCTV tripleStick 292e tuner?

Postby stevepitman » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:46 pm

OK - so I, like many others, found out the hard way AFTER upgrading to DSM v5.0 that it would break DVBLink v5.0 (and then couldn't go backwards afterwards, so have had no DVBLink working for the whole of November!). Very poor - Synology and DVBLink are pointing the finger of blame at each other on this, with the poor user stuck in the middle.

So DVBLogic release DVBLink 5.1 Beta, stating "DVBLink TVSource....(syn) Added: Compatibility with the DSM5.1" (http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=28488).

So I download it and try installing it a few times - it fails to open the DVB Link server page many times, often failing to open at all (even after many DSM reboots).

So I took the drastic action of re-setting the DSM and re-downloading the DSM v5.0 OS again from scratch.

This time the DVB Link server page opened perfectly and does so every time I try it (which suggests something's wrong in loading DVBLink v5.1beta on top of DSM v5.0, but I'll let others more expert than me decide on that one).

So the point of this post is this - I now have a DVBLink Server that opens, however it won't recognise the tuner any longer (PCTV tripleStick 292e tuner, which WAS supported under the previous DVBLink v4.xxx and worked perfectly on it for many months). Now, however the tuner doesn't appear to be recognised (on the DVBLink 'Sources' tab it says under TV Source "Device is not present" - and when I check in the DSM Control Panel > External Devices, there are no devices shown as being present).

I can only assume DVB Logic v5.1 no longer supports this tuner (even though DVB Logic states that DVBLink 5.1 Beta "DVBLink TVSource....(syn) Added: Compatibility with the DSM5.1").

So while the statement from DVB Logic "The DVBLink tuner drivers are not compatible with DSM5.1" (http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=28531) is obviously true for DVBLink v5.0 - is this also true for DVB Link v5.1 beta?

....and yes I have tried all of the following:

- ensured all DVB Link products are v5.1
- pressed F5
- tried alternative browsers
- tried alternative computers
- turned off and on the DVBLink server
- rebooted the DSM
- reinstalled the DSM OS
- reinstalled the DVBLink 5.1beta
- disconnected and reconnected the tuner
stevepitman

Re: DVBLink v5.1 not supporting PCTV tripleStick 292e tuner?

Postby the_man » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:23 am

As far as I know, in the Synology at the last moment before the release DSM 5.1 there have been some changes in the kernel and drivers from dvblink server 5.1 became are not compatible
Let's try to understand together. I'll try to help you.
As far as I understand
- you have installed DSM 5.0
- And DVBLink Server 5.1
If so, then I would look at your log files.
Set log level to info, stop dvblink server, unplug PCTV stick, start dvblink server, plug stick ( into usb 2.0 ), go to dvblink web configurator page -> tab sources -> then to settings (wait a few minutes) and save log files
attach this files there.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby stevepitman » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Thanks for your offer to help - attached is the DVBLogic log file
Attachments
dvblink-log-20141128-2152.zip
Log file:
(31.25 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
stevepitman

Postby Oberon » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:51 pm

After you have downgraded your DSM to 5.0 you need to Repair TVSource package from DVBLink Package Center and reboot your NAS.
Oberon

Postby stevepitman » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Oberon,

I'm sorry but I don't understand your message:

You said:
After you have downgraded your DSM to 5.0

--> I don't WANT to do this, but are you saying that I HAVE to do it - if so, why?

Then you said...
you need to Repair TVSource package from DVBLink Package Centre

--> What is the 'DVBLink Package Centre?' I tried each of these, but none appear to have a 'Repair TVSource' option:

(i) inside DVBLink > Products tab > Install/update button > TV Signal Sources button (this shows me the packages, including DVBLink TVSource, but only shows the links 'Show details' and 'Downgrade' - nothing about repairing)

(ii) inside DSM > Package Centre > Installed > DVBLink (but here I don't get a 'Repair' option either)

(iii) I found other forum links about repairing (https://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=27821&p=91624&hilit=repair#p91624 and the wiki http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_install,_update_and_uninstall_DVBLink_products_using_DVBLink_Package_Center where it says "Each DVBLink product has a short and detailed description and Install/Repair/Update links" - in mine, as in the screenshot on the wiki, it only has 'Install/Update' on the button in the DVBLink Package Centre, not 'Repair')

Can you please advise where I'm going wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW - I notice under :

DVBLink > Products tab > Install/update button > TV Signal Sources button

...it says the 'PCTV 292e (DVB-T/T2, DVB-C)' tuner IS supported under DVBLink 5.1 - is that really so?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help
steve
stevepitman

Postby the_man » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:20 am

Unfortunately at the moment the driver from DVBLink not work on DSM 5.1, so this needs to be done downgrade your DSM, or wait when appearing new drivers. But unfortunately it is primarily dependent on the Synolodgy.

BTW - I notice under :

DVBLink > Products tab > Install/update button > TV Signal Sources button

...it says the 'PCTV 292e (DVB-T/T2, DVB-C)' tuner IS supported under DVBLink 5.1 - is that really so?

Synology at the last moment changes made to the kernel configuration in DSM 5.1, and usb tuners have become incompatible.

As for repair button, '
Show details' and 'Downgrade' - nothing about repairing
in this case will need to click on the downgrade
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby stevepitman » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:42 pm

I've looked into downgrading DSM to the previous version, but Synology don't allow it (see attached screenshot).

So what do I do now?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 20.29.46.png
DSM screenshot
Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 20.29.46.png (31.12 KiB) Viewed 7580 times
stevepitman

Postby stevepitman » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:40 am

Given no-one actually answered my question, and I've found the answer, I'll post it here for others:

Using Synology DSM 5.1-5004 Update 2

This DOES now pick up the PCTV triplestick 292e tuner IF you download DVBLink TV Source v5.1.0 Build 10857 (it does NOT pick up the tuner on the previous v5.1.0 build 10836)
stevepitman

Return to General