How can edit my recording?

General discussions over DVBLink products

How can edit my recording?

Postby JohnnyBravoB » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi,

I am set up on a Synology NAS. I want to trim some of my recordings as the times have not coincided with the start and the of the programmes. I have had a search and it has not brought up anything. Can someone offer me any advice/instructions or point me in the right direction.

Ta,

Johnny
JohnnyBravoB

Re: How can edit my recording?

Postby the_man » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:22 pm

sorry did not quite understand your question. but maybe you need to set the start and end of the recording in the settings of the recorder(see screenshot)

but I also checked and trimming of the recorded file - it works (but the process itself takes a long time)
- Took the first got the reference http://online-video-cutter.com/
- Download the file (from my NAS with path \\my_nas_adress \ DVBLink \ RecordedTV\rec_for_trimming)
- then do three step in this site
- and save trimmed record(Remove the old record and renamed to the new that there was a ts expansion)
Attachments
Screenshot-58.jpg
Screenshot-58.jpg (124.78 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby JohnnyBravoB » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:49 pm

Thank you, I understand what to do now. I will change the destination of the recorded tv folder to another share folder that I can access. I should be able to edit from their. Any ideas on how i move across my current recordings? Do I need to SSH into the NAS to do it?

Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnnyBravoB

Postby wowogiengen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:51 pm

the_man wrote:sorry did not quite understand your question. but maybe you need to set the start and end of the recording in the settings of the recorder(see screenshot)

but I also checked and trimming of the recorded file - it works (but the process itself takes a long time)
- Took the first got the reference http://online-video-cutter.com/
- Download the file (from my NAS with path \\my_nas_adress \ DVBLink \ RecordedTV\rec_for_trimming)
- then do three step in this site
- and save trimmed record(Remove the old record and renamed to the new that there was a ts expansion)

Hello,
I just ran into the same problem. When I record two consecutive films, and the recording preferences extend the end of each recording to 10 Minutes, the beginning of the second recording cannot be earlier than the first one ended.
So i have to cut the second recording at apx. 10 Minutes in and add those 10 Minutes to the first recording.

The Online cutter cannot do this, because it only supports 500MB. i Need to cut 1,5GB or even more when in HD for 1 hour.

Greetings
Wolfgang
wowogiengen

Postby Beazor » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:06 am

JohnnyBravoB wrote:Thank you, I understand what to do now. I will change the destination of the recorded tv folder to another share folder that I can access. I should be able to try neosize xl https://revolutionaryoptimists.org/neos ... nd-results edit from their site. Any ideas on how i move across my current recordings? Do I need to SSH into the NAS to do it?

Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Johnny, do you or anyone reading this know how to move over any old recordings to the new setup? I can't figure out how to do it.
Last edited by Beazor on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beazor

Postby the_man » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:54 pm

Beazor wrote:
JohnnyBravoB wrote:Thank you, I understand what to do now. I will change the destination of the recorded tv folder to another share folder that I can access. I should be able to edit from their. Any ideas on how i move across my current recordings? Do I need to SSH into the NAS to do it?
Hi Johnny, do you or anyone reading this know how to move over any old recordings to the new setup? I can't figure out how to do it.

Please look for here:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=29127
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Return to General