Installation of TVSource and EPG Loader failed

General discussions over DVBLink products

Installation of TVSource and EPG Loader failed

Postby Aius » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:19 am

Hi all,

I have a Win 8 Pro 64bit Media Center PC here in Switzerland. With Hauppauge Nova 2 HD Sat-Receiver-Card. Works fine. But now I tried to get terestric programmes via DVB Link Tuner. I installed the DVB Server, what works as described. But then II tried to install the TVSource Software and the EPG Loader. With both it is always the same: Dialog Box says, it is sucessfully installed, but there is nothing visible in the products tab. You see only the Server, marked as "free".

Thanks for your valued Feedback.

BR
Steffen
Aius

Re: Installation of TVSource and EPG Loader failed

Postby Oberon » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:50 pm

It most probably has to do with the user rights on this PC. Your local system user does not have enough privileges to stop DVBLink windows service (not sure how this can happen, but seen it already at some installations).
You may need to change the DVBLink server to run as admin, then it should start working.
Oberon

Postby Aius » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:09 pm

OK thanks, worked out. But now all 8 Tuners are detected, in Device Manager as in MC as well. TV Source, Connect Server, AnalogTV, IP TV is installed.
But MC finds no new channels. I thoght the DVB Link Software, together with TV Source enables me to watch TV Programmes from terrestric or cable over Internet. Am I wrong?
Aius

Postby Oberon » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:47 pm

You do not need IPTV and AnalogTV for your dvb-t channels to work.
As for TVSource - I suggest that you follow the installation manual to configure it:
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/DVBL ... ion_manual

Once you configure channels you will be able to watch them over Internet (MCE is not needed for that).
Oberon

Postby Aius » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:48 pm

The Software only detects the channels from my sattelite tuner. I don't have a DVB-T Tuner installed. I thought the DVBLink Software enables me to integrate DVB-T channels, which I usually receive over a Terrestric antena and a TV Tunder Card, via the Internet. Is ths correct, or do I Need a TV-Tuner-Card to receive those channels?
Aius

Postby Oberon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:03 pm

To integrate dvb-t channels you need a dvb-t tuner card.
Oberon

Postby Aius » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:18 pm

Ok, understood. What about Internet TV? With Swisscom TV light, I can receive the needed channels via Browser. Can we integrate them in WMC?
Aius

Postby Oberon » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:48 am

Can you watch the channels from Swisscom TV light in VLC?
Oberon

Return to General