4 DVB-Link-Tuners, only 2 have channels

General discussions over DVBLink products

4 DVB-Link-Tuners, only 2 have channels

Postby Shakie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Dear DVBLogic-Team,

i got a dual tuner card installed and setup 2 "sources" in dvblink setup-page. One "source" for each tuner. Both of them have channels set in dvblink-setup-page.

When i make a tv-signal setup in MCE (Windows 7 Media Center) it shows 4 (!?!) dvb-link-tuners. When setting up each tuner for itself for analysing, i come to the following result:

Tuner1 -> no tv-channels found
Tuner2 -> tv-channels
Tuner3 -> tv-channels
Tuner4 -> no tv-channels found

With DVB-Link 4.5 i got 8 tuners an only tuner6 and tuner8 have tv-channels.

1.: What is the reason for this behaviour?
2.: How is it possible to find out which tuner is ok without doing the setup process of MCE for each channel?
3.: Is ther a way to have only these tuners with channels in the MCE tuner selection dialog?

In past i just included all 4 tuners in MCE setup.
Is it possible that this is the problem with the "no signal"-screen i got from time to time?

Now i only included 2 tuner in MCE setup.
I hope this will help.

Furthermore there is something i discovered in version 4.5 while analysing the problem mentioned above:
After including all 8 (!?!) tuner in MCE-Setup, I figured out, that all tv-channels where set to only 1 tuner, which is not intended to be.
This is a very strange behaviour, isn't it?
If i only include tuner 6 and 8 (these with channels shown in setup) all tv-channels where set to both of these tuners, which would be the desired result.

Could you please solve this problem?

currently i'm back to version 4.1.1

thanks for reading
Shakie

Re: 4 DVB-Link-Tuners, only 2 have channels

Postby PRBUK » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Most people will have more Virtual Tuners than physical tuners, but this does not cause a problem. The setup guides explicitly state that you must configure all tuners, so I would suggest you let the software sort this out!

Some people have commented on the extra disk space required for the playback buffer from all of these tuners. I see from the Wiki that there is a methodology for reducing the number of virtual tuners. You may like to try this approach?
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_reduce_number_of_DVBLink_virtual_tuners
PRBUK

Return to General