(SOLVED) Confused over activation

General discussions over DVBLink products

(SOLVED) Confused over activation

Postby mrwhite » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Hello
I've managed to confuse myself over the activation process.
Afew weeks ago I had problems with the play ready error and decided to wipe the system and start again and backed it up to my WHS (all seemed good, which is pleasing). Last week I was getting all tuner busy errors when they weren't so without properly looking into it I restored from the WHS only to find the same error. It turns out that the trial had run out. The trial must have also run out before I restored it but I didnt check (Doh!). At some point I have fully activated TVS because when I tried to do it using email and password it wouldn't connect to the server and the manual method sent me an email saying that its already been registered on other H/W. The .lic file that my system generates has the same name as the one in the portal.
I have email info@dvblogic.com but am yet to get a reply which leads me to think the answer is easy but I cant see the wood for the satellite dishes :-)
If I download the .lic file from the portal is there somewhere I can put it to get things going again?
Sorry about another 'activation problem' post but would love someone to point me in the right direction
Thanks
Paul
Last edited by mrwhite on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrwhite

Re: Confused over activation

Postby PRBUK » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:49 pm

I have found that it can take a number of attempts before the connection to the licence server is established. After the first attempt, wait a minute and try again - seems the first attempt kicks something into life which needs time to get going!

The .lic files are in the licences directory in the DVBlink folder in Program Files
C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\DVBLink\licenses

Hope this helps
PRBUK

Re: Confused over activation

Postby mrwhite » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks for the reply.
DVBLogic reset my license. I manually activated TVS, copied the lic file to the correct place and jobs a good 'un.
The Olympics in SD just ain't the same!
Cheers
Paul
mrwhite

Return to General