4.5 DiseqC weirdness

General discussions over DVBLink products

4.5 DiseqC weirdness

Postby politby » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:22 am

I installed 4.5 yesterday on a freshly installed WHS 2011 machine. It has 1x TBS6984 and 1x TBS 6981.

The 6984 is connected to a diseqc switch configured as A/A and A/B.

After I configured the sources with 2 providers each (A/A and A/B exactly the same as in 4.1.1) I found I got no signal on the A/A port. A/B worked.

I then tested with diseqc setting "none" on the first port and then I got signal. The other port, still set to A/B, still worked! And switching back and forth between the 2 providers seems to work.

Is there an explanation for this? Is the diseqc support changed in 4.5?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qvovtu
politby

Sv: 4.5 DiseqC weirdness

Postby politby » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Well there is definitely something wrong with the DiseqC switching in 4.5. I still have to set the first of the 4 sources on my TBS6984 card to Simple A and A/B in order to get DVBlink to switch correctly between the two satellites. The other 3 are set to A/A - A/B in the normal way. With these settings I get full signal strength when checking the signal in the web configurator.

However, on the clients I just get the "sorry, cannot display..." screen when I select a channel that is on the first satellite (diseqc port A)
If I go to a different client and start a channel from the B diseqc port, thus occupying one tuner, and then select a port A channel on the first client - thus activating a second tuner idling on port A - I get a picture. But as soon as I have been viewing a port B channel and switch to port A, it seems the diseqc command is not issued and I get no picture.

Log file attached. Last parts from Jul 6-8 are the relevant ones.
Attachments
log.zip
(22.68 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
politby

Return to General