I realize 4.5 is the new hotness but...

General discussions over DVBLink products

I realize 4.5 is the new hotness but...

Postby venom51 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:54 am

I have a minor issue that crops up on occassion that I've been trying to track down. On occasion the system seems to hang a tuner in a state of pugatory. You look at the DVBLink server service and nothing is streaming, look at the HDPVR and the red "in use" light is dark but the clients think no tuner is available. When testing in the source config that test fails. The only thing that will recoer that tuner is a reboot of the server.

It only happens about 1 or twice a month so it hasn't been a big problem but it's the only issue I have at all with the system so I'd like to resolve what's happening. I was running the timings for stream tear down and restart at 0 as the system seems to deal ok with it. As an experiment I have bumped those up to 200ms to see if that helps.

Ahy suggestions on a direction to trouble shoot exactly what's happening?
venom51

Re: I realize 4.5 is the new hotness but...

Postby venom51 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:02 pm

No worries..I answered my own question. I setup some syslog services to capture what was going on and when the problem arises it's a failure at the server side to create the audio/video graph successfully. The server keep trying to create it and ties up the tuner instance. The client however has no idea that the server side has failed and never tries to choose another tuner. When the server gets into that state the dvblink server service becomes unresponsive and can not be stopped and started and keeps the OS from completing a reboot sequence. It will just hang at shutting down forever. A hard power off of the bo is require to return things to normal operation.

I could have been causing the problem with some over agressive timing on the tear down and startup of streams. We'll see what happens.
venom51

Re: I realize 4.5 is the new hotness but...

Postby Danja » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Could you please post how you used syslog? I wonder if it could help me solve my problem as well.
Danja

Return to General