Tuner upgrade

General discussions over DVBLink products

Tuner upgrade

Postby kemik » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi,

If I change the hardward for example upgrade from a single tuner DVB card to a twin tuner DVB card from a different manufacturer do I need to request a new license?

Reason I ask is that I have upgraded the tuner card in my server from a single Haupagge card to a twin Blackgold card but I can only watch one channel at a time and if I try to watch/record another channel I get the message to say all tuners are occupied

Thanks
kemik

Re: Tuner upgrade

Postby Oberon » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:50 pm

You only need a new activation if the existing activation became invalid.
As for dual tuner - you need to add another instance of TVSource for a second tuner and merge channels afterwards.
Oberon

Postby kemik » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:59 pm

WTF??!!!!!!

I merged did what you said and merged the channels and lost all the channel numbers and EPG source information that I had setup which took me hours and hours to setup!!!! OMG!!!
kemik

Postby Multi Media PC » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:12 pm

sorry? you must have done something wrong did it a lot of times and never got it broken.
and if you had made an backup before trying things you were ready in what 20 sec.
Dedicated TV Server with 4x DVB-S2 and 2x DVB-C sources running V4.5 on a Server 2012 and 5 clients Almost all systems running on Windows Embedded Standard 7.
Multi Media PC

Return to General