License upgrade and server upgrade

General discussions over DVBLink products

License upgrade and server upgrade

Postby dbug » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:17 am

Hi.

I have build a new server with V4 for testing and still have my old V3 server running.
If I wish to upgrade my license to V4 and run on the new server instead of the old one - what is the correct way to do it ?

Purchase the upgrade from: https://dvblogic.com/license/ and then write an email to you because off the changed hardware footprint ?

The tuners are the same, but the rest of the hardware is new.

Thanx.
dbug

Re: License upgrade and server upgrade

Postby dduk » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:27 am

I've done exactly the same thing. I sent an email to info @ a couple of days ago but I've heard nothing back.

Unfortunately I went ahead and purchased the upgrade before I realised that hardware footprints were being registered.
dduk

Postby Oberon » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:32 am

dbug wrote:Hi.

I have build a new server with V4 for testing and still have my old V3 server running.
If I wish to upgrade my license to V4 and run on the new server instead of the old one - what is the correct way to do it ?

Purchase the upgrade from: https://dvblogic.com/license/ and then write an email to you because off the changed hardware footprint ?

The tuners are the same, but the rest of the hardware is new.

Thanx.

Yes, write an e-mail to info.
Oberon

Postby Oberon » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:32 am

dduk wrote:I've done exactly the same thing. I sent an email to info @ a couple of days ago but I've heard nothing back.

Unfortunately I went ahead and purchased the upgrade before I realised that hardware footprints were being registered.

PM me your e-mail address that you use for registration.
Oberon

Postby dduk » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Oberon wrote:
dduk wrote:I've done exactly the same thing. I sent an email to info @ a couple of days ago but I've heard nothing back.

PM me your e-mail address that you use for registration.

Oberon, I don't know if you've done something since my PM earlier today, but whilst installing v4 a few hours ago, I was able to click on register, enter my username and password, click activate and everything activated properly.

Thanks for whatever it was you did.
dduk

Return to General