Need help for Manually backing up data on Kodi for windows

General discussions over DVBLink products

Need help for Manually backing up data on Kodi for windows

Postby Wilson Drake » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:14 pm

Hello, I have just tried to update Kodi on windows 10 but I cannot locate the given path
Click on ‘Start’ and under the search bar type “%APPDATA%\kodi\userdata”

https://www.kodivpn.co/how-to-install-kodi-on-windows/

If someone can look into and provide me help with this regard.
Wilson Drake

Re: Need help for Manually backing up data on Kodi for windo

Postby the_man » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:05 pm

Have you solved your issue?
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby pewpewpad » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:25 pm

Wilson Drake wrote:Hello, I have just tried to update Kodi on windows 10 but I cannot locate the given path
Click on ‘Start’ and under the search bar type “%APPDATA%\kodi\userdata”

If someone can look into and provide me help with this regard.

heya.
it's your application data folder that goes by the name "AppData" in windows. when you press the start button on your keyboard and type %appdata% windows redirects you towards that folder. you will only be able to navigate beyond this point if you have kodi.... if you don't have kodi, the following folders "Kodi" and "UserData" will not even exist. so be sure to get and install kodi from windows store or from their site. if you're manually trying to upgrade your kodi, try searching the term kodi or search some file you know the name of. this step basically copies the previous data from userdata folder and replaces it with that of the new data folder, created by the new updated version. you can also use backup addon listed in the next step.
pewpewpad

Postby davidryan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:07 am

in windows there is a data folder by name "AppData". When you press the start button on your keyboard and type %appdata% windows redirects you towards that folder. you will only be able to navigate beyond this point if you have kodi.
Also try to use VPN when using kodi to remain your data secure Ivacy Kodi-VPN
davidryan

Postby LemuelMar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:50 pm

davidryan wrote:in windows there is a data folder by name "AppData". When you press the start button on your keyboard and type %appdata% windows redirects you towards that folder. you will only be able to navigate beyond this point if you have kodi.
Also try to use VPN when using kodi to remain your data secure Ivacy Kodi-VPN

Hi David, is having a VPN for kodi an imperative? I was kind of under the impression that it wasn't necessary.
LemuelMar

Return to General