DVBlink Server crashes while recording

DVBLink TV Server for Mac OS X is discussed here!

Re: DVBlink Server crashes while recording

Postby the_man » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:07 pm

Better to get a new log file. With the issue above. I will help me to identify the issue.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby entegast » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:44 pm

Ok, here's new log.
Look for IDS_GENERAL_ERROR_MSG in the Webserver Log
Attachments
dvblink-log-20171208-2041.zip
(134.21 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
entegast

Postby entegast » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:53 am

Any idea about the issue?
When the error occurs the dvblink server process is running but tv guide, recordings, schedules and the setup/settings/recorder pages generate the error and are not available. I have to restart the server process. After restarting it is ok again for a while.
Maybe you can reproduce by setting the power saving settings on your vm and putting it to sleep?

I need to extend my trial period for the IPTV product, it ends today.
entegast

Postby the_man » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Sorry, was busy.
I have just inspected your latest log file. There are a lot of standBy/resume cases, but all without error on the server side. So, can't say anything at the moment.

PS.
If machine is upping from sleep mode by Start recording dvblink call will record work?
And have you set a "start before" time (say 5 minutes) at the DVBLink settings -> Recorder :

Trial you may extend at the info@dvblogic.com (just ask)
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby entegast » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:44 pm

There is an error and an error stack in the dvblink_webserver.log.
Have you looked at that?
When the dvblink server is in this corrupted state each call the the tv guide page and other pages raises the following error.
Only a restart of the dvblink server process helps.

08/Dec/2017:05:40:43] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/DVBLink.app/Contents/dvblink/web_server/lib.zip/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "/Applications/DVBLink.app/Contents/dvblink/web_server/lib.zip/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "__init__.py", line 164, in new_handler
File "__init__.py", line 134, in new_handler
File "/Applications/DVBLink.app/Contents/dvblink/web_server/lib.zip/cherrypy/lib/jsontools.py", line 61, in json_handler
value = cherrypy.serving.request._json_inner_handler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/Applications/DVBLink.app/Contents/dvblink/web_server/lib.zip/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "options.py", line 71, in recorder
RuntimeError: IDS_GENERAL_ERROR_MSG
entegast

Postby entegast » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:48 pm

I might need to clarify: Since I upgraded to Mac OS 10.13 there was only one more crash.
The main problem now is that the UI becomes unusable after sleep resume.
This does not seem to be related to recording.
When this happens I get "Error: General error happened" on the UI.
The server log contains no error but the webserver log contains the RuntimeError: IDS_GENERAL_ERROR_MSG
There is the python stack trace but I cannot tell more because the python files are binary.
Maybe one of your developers can look into it?
entegast

Postby the_man » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:43 am

At the moment a new server is under development. So all features and fixes is considered primarily for for it . Beat is expected in a month or so.
the_man

Postby entegast » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:10 pm

The new version is good news. Do you also provide the source group functionalty in the OSX version?
For iptv it would even be more convenient to just include a possibility to define the maximum number of concurrent tuners.
The only limit is the bandwidth after all.

In this thread I was discussing two separate issues with dvblink server. I have some progress in both of them:

The first is the gerneral excepetion issue ( IDS_GENERAL_ERROR_MSG in dvblink_webserver.log ).
This occurs when the server returns from sleep and I access it with a client machine over the network.
I found out that when I start the dvblink viewer locally on the server machine it sort of "heals" the server process.
Immediately afterwards I can also connect from the client without error.

The second issue are the crashes. The crash log that the OS produces shows that they often occur in libcurl.4.dylib.
The version that you supply is libcurl.4.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.0.0).
I replaced it with the current version on my machine ( I am on OSX 10.13 high sierra) from /usr/lib:
/usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 9.0.0). The server process is now running stable since 3 days with many recording tests.
entegast

Previous

Return to DVBLink TV Server for Mac OS X platform