Recorder directory

DVBLink TV Server for Mac OS X is discussed here!

Recorder directory

Postby jeroen020 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:25 pm

I've got a problem with finding out how to store my DVBLink recording on an external USB disk.
My USB disk is connected as a volume as 6TB-MyBook
In DVBLink, I've set the Recording Path to /Volumes/6TB-MyBook/RecordedTV
However what this does is it creates an actual folder in /Volumes that shows up as 6TB-MyBook 1
This folder is on the limited space internal disk meaning and not storing the files on the USB disk

This is what ls -la says under volumes:
Code: Select all
drwxr-xr-x+  4 root  admin   136 Feb 20 12:17 6TB-MyBook
drwxrwxr-x@ 13 root  wheel   510 Mar  6 15:11 6TB-MyBook 1
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin     1 Mar  6 15:11 Macintosh HD -> /

What's the proper way to configure DVBLink to start storing recordings on an external disk?

One other question, I noticed the folder is owned by admin and group 'wheel'. I would like to share my recorded TV folder so I can access its files on other computers on my network. What's the best way to do this?
jeroen020

Re: Recorder directory

Postby the_man » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:59 pm

Does the 6TB-MyBook require some access data?
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby jeroen020 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:21 pm

I don't know what you mean with access data. It is a USB3 disk that is mounted in OSX. I think my problem is that the (custom) recording path I configure in DVBLink is not going to the USB disk via /Volumes, but rather creates a new directory on the internal HD.

Regarding access, I can share directories on the 6TB-MyBook via OSX (I'm using OSX server) and can access them on another computer without problems.
jeroen020

Postby entegast » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:51 pm

I had the same problem.
When the computer boots it loads the dvblink_server process.
If the external disk is not already mounted /Volumes/6TB-MyBook does not exist,
so dvbink_server creates it on the local disk.
When the external disk is later mounted /Volumes/6TB-MyBook is not available so it mounts on /Volumes/6TB-MyBook 1 instead.

Per default OSX mounts external disks only at user logon. You can change that with
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/autodiskmount AutomountDisksWithoutUserLogin -bool true

If that still does not help, you can replace the call of dvblink_server in the launchdaemon plist file ( /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.dvblogic.dvblink.server.plist ) with a script that does a delayed start of dvblink_server.
Together with the setting above this will ensure that the external disk is already mounted when dvblink_server starts.
entegast

Return to DVBLink TV Server for Mac OS X platform