ITV2 +1
    ITV3 +1
    ITV4 +1
    ITVBe +1
    JSTV
    Quest +1
    truTV +1
    VuTV

Also a whole block of "ADULT" channels with adult content. Please add the channels from the list to the EPG feed.
MrGrymReaper

Re: TV Adviser (GB): missing channels

Postby Oberon » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:39 am

MrGrymReaper wrote:Hi Oberon,

I have several missing channels please see the list below:-

Channel 4+1
    Channel 5+1
    E4 +1
    ITV anglia +1
    ITV2 +1
    ITV3 +1
    ITV4 +1
    ITVBe +1
    JSTV
    Quest +1
    truTV +1
    VuTV

Also a whole block of "ADULT" channels with adult content. Please add the channels from the list to the EPG feed.

All plus 1 channels are currently present in the TVAdviser (GB) lineup - e.g. Quest Plus 1, itv2 Plus 1 etc.
Oberon

Postby MrGrymReaper » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:26 pm

When searching and assigning by name those listed didn't have any (+1) results show up in the search results. In addition the channel number based assignment option didn't work (correctly) if at all as the channel numbers had been moved around during the launch of "Spike".

This occurred for the local Freeview transmitter (Tacolneston) which required a rescan in order for the channel to be available (on older setup boxes and/or non-channel movement aware software).
MrGrymReaper

Postby Oberon » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:36 pm

MrGrymReaper wrote:When searching and assigning by name those listed didn't have any (+1) results show up in the search results. In addition the channel number based assignment option didn't work (correctly) if at all as the channel numbers had been moved around during the launch of "Spike".

This occurred for the local Freeview transmitter (Tacolneston) which required a rescan in order for the channel to be available (on older setup boxes and/or non-channel movement aware software).

They are called "... Plus 1" in the listings.
Oberon

Postby MrGrymReaper » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Well your "Assignment by name" feature for searching doesn't allow for it as it didn't show up as what you posted. It was doing the search as "itv anglia +1" with the plus 1 as symbol and number (+1) rather than word with the number (plus 1).
MrGrymReaper

Postby Heathy65 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:05 am

MrGrymReaper wrote:Well your "Assignment by name" feature for searching doesn't allow for it as it didn't show up as what you posted. It was doing the search as "itv anglia +1" with the plus 1 as symbol and number (+1) rather than word with the number (plus 1).

This confused me too and caused me to have to add all the "+1" channels manually.

Can't the search/match logic be made more intelligent to account for the "+1" ="plus 1" issue?
Heathy65

Postby parr » Sat May 30, 2015 9:50 am

Oberon wrote:All plus 1 channels are currently present in the TVAdviser (GB) lineup - e.g. Quest Plus 1, itv2 Plus 1 etc.

I pointed out a while back Challenge +1 (or Plus 1) wasn't listed. I still can't find it listed... Is there something wrong with my setup or is this an admission?

Also, is there any update on the red button channel EPG listings that I asked about on the 10th January? I realise that these often don't have data, but Digiguide has them and I think they will have listings during sporting events (e.g. World Cups, Wimbledon etc).
parr

Postby parr » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Oberon can you advise how you choose which threads/posts to reply to please? You said quite certainly on the 20th April:

Oberon wrote:All plus 1 channels are currently present in the TVAdviser (GB) lineup - e.g. Quest Plus 1, itv2 Plus 1 etc.

I contradicted this nearly a week ago (Challenge +1 definitely isn't listed) - but still no reply?

Richardr1 originally advised in his post on the 18th Dec that this particular channel was missing from the TV Advisor EPG listings. I then mentioned that it was was still missing in March on this same thread. I pointed it out again (as per above) nearly a week ago, yet you've taken the time to reply to other threads this week (and other posts today) - but have seemingly ignored this one. I also asked the question about the GB Red Button EPG listings around 6 months ago; again - ignored.

Which leads to the question:- what is the point of you creating this thread? Presumably you should either be giving a reason why certain channels aren't listed or going to be listed in the future (i.e. rejecting what people submit) within a reasonable time frame (e.g. less than 3 months) or fixing the issues pointed out?
parr

Postby Oberon » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:21 am

This topic is meant to let us know about the missing channels. We try to add them, but cannot guarantee that it will happen. But we keep working on it.
Oberon

Postby parr » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:55 pm

Oberon wrote:This topic is meant to let us know about the missing channels. We try to add them, but cannot guarantee that it will happen. But we keep working on it.

Don't you get your listings for TV Adviser from Digiguide? If so, I have a separate subscription with them (which I've maintained out of necessity) and they have all the channels requested (plus more). I've been paying for two epg subscriptions for the last 6 months or so, which isn't great.

Also, your post doesn't explain why you didn't reply when I pointed out that your statement about TV Adviser having all GB +1 listings was incorrect (as Challenge +1 still isn't listed) . Do you now accept that this previous statement was inaccurate?
parr

Postby Oberon » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:22 am

With my statement about +1 channels I was replying to another person.
As for Challenge + 1 - we are working on adding it (together with some other channels, requested in this thread).
Oberon

Postby parr » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:25 pm

Would be good if the EPG data for the 5-6 BBC red button channels was listed in time for Wimbledon.... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/33058138)
parr

Postby Oberon » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Challenge + 1 and truTV + 1 have been added recently to the TVAdviser (GB) line up.
The Irish channels are pending and should also arrive shortly.
Oberon

Postby Richardr1 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:38 pm

parr wrote:Would be good if the EPG data for the 5-6 BBC red button channels was listed in time for Wimbledon.... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/33058138)

I notice that 5 (out of 6) are now listed - I think the first three will be used for Glastonbury next weekend.
Richardr1

Postby Al76 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:50 pm

Hi there,

I noticed today that BBC Three (and BBC Three HD) vanished from TV Adviser today?! Are they able to be re-added? Also, with the launch of Bike can this be added too?

Many thanks! :D
Al76

PreviousNext

Return to DVBLink TV Adviser products