No SAT>IP sources found...firewall issue

DVBLink TV Server for Ubuntu linux is discussed here!

No SAT>IP sources found...firewall issue

Postby csimon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:55 pm

DVBLink package: dvblink-server-pc-linux-ubuntu-x86_64-6.0.0.deb
Linux version: Mint 18.1 Cinnamon 64-bit
DVBLink Server v6.0.0 Build 14072
DVBLink TVSource: v6.0.0 Build 14072 (Trial version of activated)

I am using a SAT>IP server that is certified correctly according to the SAT>IP organisation (Inverto IDL 400s).

The Sources tab doesn't list the SAT>IP tuners and says there are no compatible tuners detected. However, if I turn Mint's firewall off, the tuners are detected correctly. By default, the firewall is Allow Out and Deny In. I can add exception rules but I really don't know what to add. The firewall is called Gufw and its help pages to explain what can be configured is at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Gufw.

Can you help me as to what rules I should set up for DVBLink to access the Sat>IP server, or how to find out what ports are required?

I have tried adding a rule on the Advanced tab for: Allow In on all interfaces, both TCP and UDP, From/To IP addresses of my Sat>IP server, but this doesn't work. I've left Port number blank, I assume it means all, but I wouldn't kow what port numbers to enter.
csimon

Re: No SAT>IP sources found...firewall issue

Postby csimon » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:07 am

Solved it after a bit of playing around. The rule needs to be From <IP Address> with no port entered. No To address.
csimon

Return to DVBLink TV server for Ubuntu linux