Help please - PLS Mode & UDP from HTTP Stream

DVBLink TV Server for Ubuntu linux is discussed here!

Help please - PLS Mode & UDP from HTTP Stream

Postby simplydigital » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi

Firstly, I've been testing basic features of DVBLink and so far I really like what I see!

My problem - I need to UDP with SAP, FTA French channels from Astra 5W (11509H). They are using MIS and PLS Mode Gold.

I've tried just about every DVB streaming software out there, and the only thing that can seem to pick the channels up is TV Headend - unfortunately this only gives HTTP out.

I have 2 possible solutions -

1 - Is there likely to be any support for MIS and PLS within DVBLink TVSource any time soon? - If there are any mods here, I would be happy to contribute towards the development of this.

2 - If I use a single HTTP stream (1 for each channel, 15 channels in total) from TV Headend, then import the streams in to DVBLink TV Server - would I then be able to unicast them out with SAP? If yes, would this take up too much system resources?

I'm using - MOI Pro AMD with TBS5927 USB card (will up date this to quad card after testing)

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Steven
simplydigital

Re: Help please - PLS Mode & UDP from HTTP Stream

Postby simplydigital » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Quick update - Got a test licence for TV Server - It works great, I've only tested on 4 channels, but no problems so far.

Any idea how to SAP announce channels?

Thanks

Steven
simplydigital

Re: Help please - PLS Mode & UDP from HTTP Stream

Postby the_man » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Really the multistream mode is not supported by dvblink tvsource.
As for:
2 - If I use a single HTTP stream (1 for each channel, 15 channels in total) from TV Headend, then import the streams in to DVBLink TV Server - would I then be able to unicast them out with SAP? If yes, would this take up too much system resources?
Really it should work and 15 channels no so many, hence it should work on the not so powerful PC's
By the way are there any option at the TV Headend to get an m3u list ? then you will be able to use the DVBlink IPTV Source together with the IPTV Server
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Return to DVBLink TV server for Ubuntu linux