Error in SAT>IP connection

DVBLink TV Server for Ubuntu linux is discussed here!

Error in SAT>IP connection

Postby dizzl » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi,

After trialling DVBLink with older Mystique cards I decided to buy a SAT>IP device (OctopusNet C/T2 from DigitalDevices) and connection TVSource to that.
This did not work however. I notice several errors in the log files. Seem to be communication/protocol types of errors.

Can anyone take a look?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: added platform specs for completeness, see below:

Ubuntu Linux Server 14.04.2
DVBLink 5.1

OctopusNet 1.0.40
FW Date 17 Dec 2014 17:18
MAC 54:84:7b:00:1c:50
Linux 3.16.0-rc5 armv5tejl
SAT>IP Server 1.0.40
FPGA 300-0.43
Boot ID 16
Device ID 5
Tuner 1 DVB-C/C2
Tuner 2 DVB-C/C2
Attachments
dvblink-log-20150411-1742.zip
(65.58 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Last edited by dizzl on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
dizzl

Re: Error in SAT>IP connection

Postby dizzl » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi again,

I had some time to play with the OctopusNet and DVBLink/TVSource some more this weekend. I disabled the DVB-T announcement setting on the device and now only see two sources in DVBLink, so I had hoped I removed any tuners not set for DVB-C which I have. But the remaining tuners won't seem to work and keep getting stuck on channel scanning. Both fast and normals scans produce tuning errors. Editing advanced settings of configured sources (ie. to configure installed CAM modules) also does not help. Using the Signal tab there to tune produces a similar error: "Error while tuning: IDS_TUNING_FAILED".

Extended logging is enabled. The log files contain a mixture of errors. See below for a unique list of them and attached logs for all details.

root@server:/usr/local/bin/dvblink# grep \\\[E\\\] dvblink_server.log | cut -d ' ' -f 3- | sort | uniq
[E] CTVSChannelScanner::Tune. Failed to tune to a transponder
[E] CTVSChannelSource::GetChannelSourceIDandName. Name or ID were not correctly parsed from SATTYPE section? (/usr/local/bin/dvblink/share/transponders/5304.ini)
[E] CTVSChannelSource::GetChannelSourceIDandName. Name or ID were not correctly parsed from SATTYPE section? (/usr/local/bin/dvblink/share/transponders/5512.ini)
[E] CTVSStreamSource::IntTuneTransponder. m_DeviceControl.SetTuner returned an error
[E] CTVSStreamSource::LoadAndInitDriver. Failed to load driver /usr/local/bin/dvblink/sources/Tuner 1/devices/libsat2ip.dev
[E] CTVSStreamSource::LoadAndInitDriver. Failed to load driver /usr/local/bin/dvblink/sources/Tuner1/devices/libsat2ip.dev
[E] CTVSStreamSource::LoadDriver. Unable to load device driver /usr/local/bin/dvblink/sources/Tuner 1/devices/libsat2ip.dev
[E] CTVSStreamSource::LoadDriver. Unable to load device driver /usr/local/bin/dvblink/sources/Tuner1/devices/libsat2ip.dev
[E] sat2ip_streamer::send_perpare_command. Server response does not cotain com.ses.streamID header

W.r.t. the "LoadDriver. Unable to load device driver" messages: I validated that the files mentioned actually existed at the time. So I don't know why loading fails.

Hopefully this clarifies my earlier post with useful details. If there is anything I should try, please let me know.
Attachments
dvblink-log-20150412-2201.zip
(42.71 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
dizzl

Postby dizzl » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:18 am

More info:
I managed to get rid of the driver errors by reinstalling the entire DVBLink package. Other errors remained though, still with scanning channels:

root@server:/usr/local/bin/dvblink# grep \\\[E\\\] dvblink_server.log | cut -d ' ' -f 3- | sort | uniq
[E] CTVSChannelScanner::Tune. Failed to tune to a transponder
[E] CTVSChannelSource::GetChannelSourceIDandName. Name or ID were not correctly parsed from SATTYPE section? (/usr/local/bin/dvblink/share/transponders/5304.ini)
[E] CTVSChannelSource::GetChannelSourceIDandName. Name or ID were not correctly parsed from SATTYPE section? (/usr/local/bin/dvblink/share/transponders/5512.ini)
[E] CTVSChannelSource::GetChannelSourceIDandName. Name or ID were not correctly parsed from SATTYPE section? (/usr/local/bin/dvblink/share/transponders/5555.ini)
[E] CTVSStreamSource::IntTuneTransponder. m_DeviceControl.SetTuner returned an error
[E] sat2ip_streamer::send_perpare_command. Server response does not cotain com.ses.streamID header
[E] unknown error in py part

Log files with extended logging attached.
Attachments
dvblink-log-20150414-0815.zip
(39.5 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
dizzl

Postby the_man » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:46 am

As far as i know these kind of issue usually means that some other device is using a tuner.
So try to Restart/reboot your tuner, after that try to make scan again.
Also you can go to DD admin panel and look at "Stream Status" ("Tuner Status" ) page. Is there some information on using the tuner?
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby Oberon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:18 am

"RTSP/1.0 400 Bad Request" is a very strange error. Would it be possible for you to make a dump of a network traffic during scanning using tcpdump, upload the file to rapidshare or the likes and paste the download link here?
Or you can also send the link to me via PM.
Thanks.
Oberon

Postby dizzl » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Thanks for your replies. The remark about locked tuners triggered me, as both OctopusNet tuners are locked all the time. Even after a reboot they seem to get locked right away. Not by DVBlink though, because it still happens when DVBLink is not running. I tried telnetting into the device to figure out which IP address has open connections to both tuners, but none found.

In the coming weeks I don't have much time to continue testing, but will continue testing offline. I'll report back any interesting findings here.
Thanks again for now.
dizzl

Postby dizzl » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:20 am

I received a hint from the manufacturer: apparently Multicast was enabled by default on the device, and this feature locks both tuners right after boot/restart of the device. Disabling multicast unlocked them. DVBLink is now able to scan for channels as documented.

If I come across the "400 Bad Request" error again, I'll let you know.

Thanks again,
Jeroen
dizzl

Postby Oberon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:22 am

Thanks for letting us know.
Oberon

Return to DVBLink TV server for Ubuntu linux