Error connecting to the DVBLink server...?

This forum is for legacy clients.

Error connecting to the DVBLink server...?

Postby gleep52 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:17 am

I have v 5.0 on my qnap and v 5.1 on my windows server. Plex runs on my windows server and I'd like my dvb to run there as well - but when I setup my plex channel to point to (windows) localhost, or to the IP or to the FQDN, it says "Error connecting to the DVBLink server"... but if I put in the QNAP's information it connects just fine (other than the qnap doesn't have EGP data...). Since I'd like it to run on my windows box, how can I fix this problem? How can I get the plex dvblink channel to work with plex on the same machine? Is that the conflict? I'm using HDHomeRun's for tuners...
gleep52

Re: Error connecting to the DVBLink server...?

Postby gleep52 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Oh.. IC what happened. DVBLogic created the new addon for an extra 26 bucks which is now required to make it work with the plex plugin.

After installing connect! server, I am now able to have plex connect to my dvblink install, and most everything works with the exception that live TV does not play on plex. It works fine from a web browser, so I know it's working as expected from dvblink, but the plex plugin doesn't give me live TV. Anyone know a solution to this problem?
gleep52

Postby gleep52 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:46 pm

I should point out that with PHT it works with live TV, but with plexconnect it does not.
gleep52

Postby the_man » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:26 am

Strange issue, but if you try to play dvblink live tv via plex on some other device than dvblink installed on, most probably there is issue with ports (8100 and 8101)
Try to open these ports and check out firewall permissions on machine where dvblink server is running.
Some information for you:
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... forwarding
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Return to Legacy clients