DVBLink Plex channel issues

This forum is for legacy clients.

DVBLink Plex channel issues

Postby Faravid » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:14 pm

I'm having problems with DVBLink Plex channel.

Live TV does not work on any client.

Plex Android client: Streams maybe 3 seconds but video playback stops without error
Plex web client: Either endlessly spinning loading icon (when trying to stream TV channel that has record on) or error: "Cannot load M3U8: No levels to play"
Plex Windows Phone app: Endlessly spinning loading icon (the dots).

Streaming recorded videos works just fine with every app.

Also there's some other issues:

With Plex Android app:
Adding a show to record queue gives an error: "No items to display - This directory appears to be empty", but when I reload the show it's shown as scheduled recording and it records it just fine.
Canceling a scheduled record I get an error: "Error - Error deleting recording" and it's not cancelled even though I reload the item.

With Plex web app:
Adding a show to record queue gives an error: "Channel does not answer", but when I reload the show it's shown as scheduled recording and it records it just fine.
Canceling a scheduled record I get an error: "Channel does not answer"

With Plex Windows Phone app:
Adding a show to record queue gives an error: "Connection error - HTTP error code 404", but when I reload the show it's shown as scheduled recording and it records it just fine.
Canceling a scheduled record I get an error: "Connection error - HTTP error code 404" and it IS CANCELLED correctly.

Also I don't seem to be able to deleted recorded shows with any client.

This is a real shame, Plex + DVBLink combination would be perfect as I could access every media through a single program, relatively wife friendly as well.
Server: Antec ISK 600, Core i3 3225, 4GB, 1TB+1TB, Windows 10, 2 x PCTV Triplestick T2 HD USB
Clients: Windows 10 PC, Nvidia Shield Tablet, Android TV box to 46" Sony TV, Microsoft Lumia 950 XL, Emby media server (on all platforms)
Faravid

Re: DVBLink Plex channel issues

Postby Faravid » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:32 pm

Ok, just read that Plex app has been discontinued.

Plex works on every platform and streaming engine is really good, also one place for all media from music to videos.
So I really do hope you'll continue to develop it.
Server: Antec ISK 600, Core i3 3225, 4GB, 1TB+1TB, Windows 10, 2 x PCTV Triplestick T2 HD USB
Clients: Windows 10 PC, Nvidia Shield Tablet, Android TV box to 46" Sony TV, Microsoft Lumia 950 XL, Emby media server (on all platforms)
Faravid

Postby btaroli » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:31 am

Yeah, I have to admit that having the option to have a live stream transcoded by PLEX on the fly would be awesome. Partly this was because DVBLink didn't (doesn't?) support live transcoding on NAS'es. I have had spotty behavior viewing live streams from DVBL directly, and through DLNA the audio likes to get out of sync.

I've been able to live without this for some time, and am not a frequent viewer of live shows. So the impact to me is less than it might be to others. Overall, I'm very pleased with DVBLink. :) But of course we always wish for more. ;)
btaroli

Postby Jester » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:10 am

That is a shame, I would really like to be able to have Plex authenticate everything on my server, even when I am away from home.

Any chance of this decission being reversed?

Jaap
Jester

Return to Legacy clients