Dvblink server = synology, Plex server = Mac

This forum is for legacy clients.

Dvblink server = synology, Plex server = Mac

Postby Wamblej » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:45 am

I setup a dvblink server on my synology today with hdhomerun tuner. It seems to be working well. I would love to get the plex plugin working as well. I have added it to the plugin directory on my Mac and it shows up now in plex server. I cannot figure out what I want the plex client settings to be. If anyone can help point me in the right direction for what settings to use for the plex dvblink client to point it to my synology dvblink server that'd be great. Thanks!
Wamblej

Re: Dvblink server = synology, Plex server = Mac

Postby Wamblej » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:51 am

I think I am making progress. I have in my synology server IP, with port 8100. It recognizes the channels. It seems to work and I can schedule recordings and such. I am not sure that I can play the live tv though.
Wamblej

Re: Dvblink server = synology, Plex server = Mac

Postby stephanstricker » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:00 pm

I have the same problem. I am using Synology with HDHomeRun. I have a Windows PC running Plex. I downloaded the plugin and connected to the Synology.
I can see the channels and recordings but I cant stream any live TV or recordings. All I see is a spinning wheel. I am using Plex server 9.9.12 and DVBlink 5.0.
I can stream data directly from the DVBLink in my web browser or directly from the HDHomerun without issues. XBMC also seems to work fine but I ultimately
want to make this run on my Roku so Plex would be the preferred method.

Did anybody makes this work?

Stephan
stephanstricker

Return to Legacy clients