Everything works except live TV?

This forum is for legacy clients.

Everything works except live TV?

Postby casperse » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:26 pm

Hi

I have just installed the DVBLink.bundle.zip to my Synology NAS.
And I can see the TV guide, and start a recording, and also play back old recordings through Plex from the DVBlink server.

Most of DVBLink Server clients have to be configured to access DVBLink Server.
Proper configuration requires DVBLink Server IP address and Base streaming port.
DVBLink Server IP address is the IP address or a host name of the system where DVBLink server runs (e.g. of a PC or a NAS).
The default value of Base streaming port is 8100 for DVBLink Server running on a NAS and 8080 for DVBLink Server running on a Windows PC.

But live TV dosent work (Internal local LAN, not web streaming!)

So the connection setup must be working but I keep getting a error when accessing the Live TV

"! Incorrect data" ?? when trying to play in any browser using Plex and the DVBlink dosent work?
but if I use the IOS Dvblink with the same configuration then it works?
Also if I go to the DVBlink webpage and start TV by opening link to VLC player then it works.

I am running DVBLink Server 4.60 & Plex server Version 0.9.9.0 on a Synology NAS DS3611xs

Could be a problem between the new Plex server? :(

Best regards
Casperse
casperse

Re: Everything works except live TV?

Postby casperse » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Anyone? This is one of the reason I bought DVBserver for my Synology!

And no one can tell me if the new Plex breaks the DVBlogic TV plugin? :cry:

Link to Plex forum: https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/96425-dvblink-tv-guide-and-recordings-works-except-live-tv/?hl=casperse
casperse

Postby Oberon » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:17 am

I believe that the issue is related to the fact that Plex server cannot transcode the transport stream.
Oberon

Postby casperse » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:52 am

Oberon wrote:I believe that the issue is related to the fact that Plex server cannot transcode the transport stream.

I am not trying to see TV outside my local network, so transcoding should not be the issue, people report that this worked, and I dont beleive Plex have changed?...
So I am streaming the "raw" feed (Works with other players on my iPad, and my SAT receiver have no power to transcode either have my very old iPad)
casperse

Postby gessi » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:03 pm

Same issue here with running latest DVBLink and Plex Server 0.9.8.18 on a Windows 7 PC :-(
DVBLink_Plex_Streaming_issue.png
No streaming possible
DVBLink_Plex_Streaming_issue.png (138.67 KiB) Viewed 12034 times

Help needed!!!
gessi

Postby casperse » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:45 pm

Is this plugin "end of live" discontinued?

Because I have now re-installed this multiple times and it looks like the new Plex releases have broken this plugin permanently?

Anyone? DVB-logic supporters?
casperse

Postby Wamblej » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:00 pm

It would be good to know if this plugin will be getting updated/fixed for plex. I am still on a trial of DVBLogic and it may make a difference in whether I purchase the program or not.
Wamblej

Postby casperse » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:20 pm

No I bought Plex & DVBlogic running the latest (Pay versions Plex) and it dosent work just get the picture above!

The funny thing is that TV guide works and I can start recording and play them back!

But LIVE TV Dosent work! nomatter what I do... :cry:
casperse

Postby denethor » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:39 pm

casperse wrote:
Oberon wrote:I believe that the issue is related to the fact that Plex server cannot transcode the transport stream.

I am not trying to see TV outside my local network, so transcoding should not be the issue, people report that this worked, and I dont beleive Plex have changed?...
So I am streaming the "raw" feed (Works with other players on my iPad, and my SAT receiver have no power to transcode either have my very old iPad)

It's not about the network you are in, it's about the client you are using. Only Plex Home Theater in the same network can play DVBlink Channels. Since Plex cannot transcode TS; using WEB or mobile clients not possible. Sorry.

Here is the Plex Pass request by me. You can vote for it.

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/ ... t-streams/
Server: Mac Pro 2014 w/ 2xFirePro D300, Win 8.1.1 x64, TBS 5990 Dual CI, 13E, 42E, 07E, TVSource 4.6.9749, Connect Server 4.6.9904
Clients: 2xMacmini Win7 X64, iPad Air, iPad3, iPhone5, iPhone5s, rMBP with MacOS XBMC & Win 8 x64, Panasonic 55VT30,Plex
denethor

Postby fl.berger » Wed May 07, 2014 10:42 pm

It's not about the network you are in, it's about the client you are using. Only Plex Home Theater in the same network can play DVBlink Channels. Since Plex cannot transcode TS; using WEB or mobile clients not possible. Sorry.

As per Beta 5.0.0 of DVBLink, it should now be possible. The problem is that the Plex DVBLink plugin does not pass the "transcoding info" to DVBLink Server, so that those clients which can't view TS will be able to show the stream.

The DVBLink-Plex-Plugin, would need to pass the transcoding flag to DVBLink-Server in order to optain a transcoded stream that matches the client's requirements.

Or am I seeing that wrong?
fl.berger

Postby blinddark » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:25 pm

I have the same problem with dvblink 5.0 plex 0.9.9.16 and my synology DS3612xs. Is there a chance to aktivate the Transcoding of dvblink on my DS3612xs? The CPU is strongg enough. The nas has 4 gb of ram.
My NAS: Synology DS916+ (8 GB RAM, 3x6 TB WD RED) with latest DSm, Plex and of course DVBLink
Forum about accessibility and technical questions: https://www.wort-statt-bild.de
blinddark

Return to Legacy clients