Welcome DVBLink Samsung SmartTV client!

This forum is for legacy clients.

Re: Welcome DVBLink Samsung SmartTV client!

Postby mike180 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:22 pm

Oberon wrote:As there is no new development planned for this client, the topic is unpinned.

It's a shame to see this particular client abandoned - it would have been the icing on the DVBLink cake, since I have multiple samsung TVs in my home and would love to be able to use the centralised streaming and DVR capabilities of my media server without the need for additional hardware at the TV.
mike180

Postby cookiewk » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:22 pm

hey , I have the app installed on a 40d6510 but every time I start it , it invites 20-30 seconds and then starts the new television . it may be that it is not a model in which ?

Thanks for your help
cookiewk

Postby blinddark » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:44 pm

Hello,

can someone post the download link to the app? I hav a samsung uhd ue40ju6450 and must install the App via USB-Stick: http://www.ullrich.es/2015/06/installat ... wenMXp0lJM
it's a problem with tizen that apps not can be synchronice via ip.
My NAS: Synology DS916+ (8 GB RAM, 3x6 TB WD RED) with latest DSm, Plex and of course DVBLink
Forum about accessibility and technical questions: https://www.wort-statt-bild.de
blinddark

Postby paul608085 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:06 pm

Is it possible to make the Samsung TV app sort channels in number order, (as for web and Android apps), rather than alphabetically?

Paul
paul608085

Postby emanuelj » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:21 pm

Someone using this?
I have problems with that Connection settings is not saved after powering off the TV, any way to solve that?

Would be very nice if the channels could be sorted by number... and login with authentication...
emanuelj

Postby jsan0085 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:47 am

Will the Samsung client work with DVBlink V6 ?
jsan0085

Postby BlueEssi » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:10 pm

jsan0085 wrote:Will the Samsung client work with DVBlink V6 ?

For me it works great. Only the new features like favorites or channel logos of course don't. I hope there will be released a new version in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BlueEssi

Postby julianimnorden » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:11 am

Hi there,

where can I find the app? Got a new Samsung TV and can't use a connection with DLNA (DVB Server is connected via VPN...)

Bye
julianimnorden

Postby Lugie » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:18 pm

Please continue to develop this app and release it on the Samsung apps. Why use an extra device when you can have it all in your TV with just an app?
Lugie

Postby paul608085 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:41 pm

"Why use an extra device when you can have it all in your TV with just an app?"

I think that each Smart TV manufacturer uses their own operating system and within each manufacturer's range there are variations? For example, I have two Samsung Smart TV's - one is from the "F" range and the other is from the "K" range. Although many apps are available on both, not all are.

The relevance of this to your point is that the resources that would be required by DVBLogic to produce and maintain an app for a number of different manufacturers and OS variants probably make it uneconomical to do so. Whereas a single Android app will work on millions of phones, tablets, Android TV boxes and not forgetting Android TV's.

Don't get me wrong - I would love for this app to be updated, (I never had much success getting it to work on my TV's), but realistically I think that I will have to continue to use Android boxes.

Paul
paul608085

Postby btaroli » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:11 am

Yeah I used to use PLEX and DBVLink on our 2011 Samsung set. Sadly vendors keeps changing API specs and quickly desupport development on older TVs. Our set really isn’t that old and yet none of the apps we used to use on it work any more, nor can developers use the supported SDK to build new versions.

Ive opted to using STB or phone instead. Die in a fire “Smart” TVs. Just give me a dumb display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
btaroli

Previous

Return to Legacy clients