Live TV stutter / Jerky / Not Smooth / glitchy / shadowy

This forum is for legacy clients.

Re: Live TV stutter / Jerky / Not Smooth / glitchy / shadowy

Postby smacrae » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:51 pm

thanks banhuk, I've been following Mark's thread for a while (Plex OE)...I gave it a go however there are a few show stoppers for me...at the time I tired (fixed now I believe) one couldn't bring up the configuration screen (required to say put in WiFI passwords etc.) and sleep mode doesn't work.

Is sleep mode working for you with OpenElec?

Another reason I am holding off re-trying latest versions (and attempting to get sleep working) is the latest PLEX skin doesn't work all that well with DVBLogic's Plex Plug-In....when they iron out views and the pre-play screen I'll make another attempt...Oberon will have to re-do the plug-in to work with PHT's latest skin so I have no idea how long it will take....at the moment I still have to keep using NextPVR until DVBLogic get it working with PHT (always seem to be waiting, why is all the open source (free) clients get fixed/update/released so much faster? Hmm, the reason I paid for DVBLogic was to have commercial support and I would have thought quicker fixes).

Currently I've only tried on my little Zontac Nano AD11 Plus, I could try with my i3 NUC and would do so if I knew sleep worked and the aforementioned skin issue with DBVLogic was addressed....

So you have any updates since your last post?
smacrae

Postby banhuk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:49 am

Hi mate..

Update...

I got dvblink channel working with the latest PHT. the new PLEX skin was the prob..

You can either hit enter twice to select a channel to watch, or do what i did and download a new skin.. i can't remember the name of the skin i tried (i just googled plex skins) and it worked for the dvblink plugin..

still using openelec on the i3 NUC at the moment, with plexbmc addon and amber skin...

the sleep mode doesn't work with openelec as you say, so i just get the missus to stop the live tv feed and then just turn off the display and sound bar..

i am looking into xbmc on an android device now.. i like playing with all these gadgets.. thinking of picking up an android box for around $100 with a decent quad core chip and seeing how it goes..

banhuk
banhuk

Postby smacrae » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks Banhuk....

I know Oberon is meant to be working on an update to the current Plex skin...the reason I'm going to wait (even though I can click on enter twice or just 'play') is the non-list view...really not sure how he'll get around it...in terms of skins I would really only swap back to Plex rather than XBMC/PleXBMC if I would use a native skin...otherwise I think Amber is better ;-) Oh, and would probably only swap back to PlexHT from XBMC when Gotham is rolled in to the Plex codebase...Gotham is so much better for HD audio, AirPlay etc. etc....oh and audio not being out of sync...
Last edited by smacrae on Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
smacrae

Postby banhuk » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:02 am

Agree with the airplay comment. I didn't realise how much I would use it since I discovered it.

I'm always listening to radio on my android phone via WiFi/iheart radio app and through my phone speakers. Now once the radio is playing I launch the airstream app and plexbmc/amber switches to playing my tunes straight away.

Love it..

Merry Xmas all

banhuk
banhuk

Previous

Return to Legacy clients