Channel Logo's and DVBLogic 4.6 on Synology

This forum is for legacy clients.

Channel Logo's and DVBLogic 4.6 on Synology

Postby smacrae » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:00 am

To Whom Can Help:

1. I was wondering if it would be possible have TV Channel logos when in the TV Guide
and TV Channels section
2. When I add a recording, in the "Add Recording / Add Series" I don't seem to be able
to back/esc out to the previous menu
3. I'm using a Synology DS3612xs as my backend, when in the website interface or the
Plex Add-on when I add a recording it list/creates the entry 5-10 times

Any help on the above would be appreciated, I have 5 days left on my trial license and without points 2 and 3 above it makes it hard to buy....

-SM
Last edited by smacrae on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smacrae

Re: Channel Logo's and DVBLogic 4.6 on Synology

Postby Oberon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:26 pm

The channel logo's are currently not supported by DVBLink server.
As for the second point - which Plex client shows this behavior?
for the third point - are you adding a manual recording or from the Guide? If latter - single or record series?
Oberon

Postby smacrae » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Thanks for getting back to me...

1. Any change that it will be supported in the future?
2. I have used my Mac 10.8 and Windows 7 NUC, both same result (I have tried with PlexHT, not the older Plex)
3. I am connecting via HTTP to http://<synolgy-ip>:8100/channel/list/?sort=number, selected a channel then
click on the "Record Series" in the guide (100% how I'd like to use it, not manually)

Oh one other thing, it doesn't matter how hard I try I don't seem to be able to make the channel order go in the way I wish (with the Plex Add-On I mean)...is it possible to to do this?

Thanks for responding so fast....
smacrae

Postby Oberon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:31 pm

The logo's are on our todo list, but ETA known yet.
The second point needs more investigation and will take some time to understand what is going on.
And the last one works as designed - record series schedule adds timers - one for each actual recording. The timers is what you see in the interface. And the schedule itself is visible under schedules.
Oberon

Postby smacrae » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Thanks again Oberson..

In relation to point 3, I thought as you described too at first...trouble is I have selected a program to record (that is a series) but is only in the EPG once in the week of FTA EPG guide...it is a program that only occurs once per week but yet 10 occurrences appear as soon as I click on the series link...they also all appear to be all the same date....

Oh, and any idea on the channel sort order?
smacrae

Postby smacrae » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi Oberon...can chance you can let me know how the channel order possibility within the Plex-Addon (or how I achieve it from the DVBLogic backend)....I've tried in the backend using the channel numbering but it is ignored by the Plex-Addon
smacrae

Postby Oberon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:32 am

Under Plex Addon settings there is a Channel sorting option with two values: by name, by number
Oberon

Postby smacrae » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:18 am

Missed that, I feel stupid...thanks Oberon...

Currently I am testing all this on a VMWare Workstation version of Synology (XPENology)....my trial is going to end soon so I would like to license it whilst I keep trialling a number of things...however I do intend to replace the VMWare version I am running with a full DS3612xs (kinda holding off on that purchase as I am sure a new version is going to get released soon) so will I be able to transfer the license when I do this?
smacrae

Return to Legacy clients