Limitations?

This forum is for legacy clients.

Limitations?

Postby woodyJ007 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi,

In what configuration does this actually work?

I have a Windows 8 PC x64 (which is also the Plex and DVBLink server and it's quite a high spec), roku3 and many Android tablets and phones. I can get the plex DVBLink channel working ONLY on the Win8 PC, even then live TV will only work in SD, anything HD is very stuttery...which I find odd as it's all on the same PC. Android tablets/phones find the channel but just don't play anything. No live TV, No Recorded TV. The Roku device tries for a bit and then comes back with it can't play the channel, I've tried all the settings for playback on the roku (Auto, Direct, Stream, Transcode etc..) same result.

So my question really is. Is this supposed to work outside of a windows environment? If it is what do I need to do?

A bit more background info is. DVBLink Connect stuff (DLNA) seems to work OK-ish (again not on HD without massive stuttering) on Android, PS3, Windows and LG Smart TV. All I want to do is watch live TV on my Roku :-(

Please clarify/help!

Thanks
woodyJ007

Re: Limitations?

Postby woodyJ007 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:55 pm

Also plex/web channel doesn't play either (locally or remote)
woodyJ007

Postby Oberon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:17 am

I think the issue you are describing refers to the problem with Plex transcoder engine, which cannot transcode transport stream.
So effectively only Plex clients using original (not transcoded) stream will work.
Oberon

Postby woodyJ007 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks for the reply. Am I missing something then? Without access to live TV or even recorded TV whats the point of having this channel in the first place?
woodyJ007

Postby Oberon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:21 pm

As said below you can access live and recorded TV on clients not requiring transcoding.
And for the clients with transcoding - the Plex support forum would be the best place to ask.
Oberon

Postby timofp » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:56 pm

I can report that PMS Transcoder can transcode recorded TS Streams in the PlexPass beta versions, transcoding live streams doesn't work yet. But we have different DVBLink apps on mobile platforms for that, sadly however there is a audio sync issue with the Windows 8 App
timofp

Postby jemelvyn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Rather than plex doing the transcoding couldn't DVBLink do it? I have the iOS app for DVBLink which transcodes to an ipad friendly format. If this stream was sent to plex rather than the TS stream, wouldn't it play on more plex devices?
jemelvyn

Return to Legacy clients